45

Dear lost love,

i hope this will be the last letter I will write about you. i am still thinking this is a dream- a bad dream that you wake up from and feel so relieved because it was too ugly to be real. i'm still thinking about all the times we spent making promises, all the oaths we made, all the secrets we shared. is this really the end of us? when you came by, it felt as if you were the first drop of rain after a long dry draught. it felt as if you were the first ray of light to show me the way.
you made me believe in love, you made me love life itself and now, i'm afraid, life isn't something that excites me anymore. when you left, it felt as if someone snatched away my breath, as if i was choking on the air itself. it felt as if suddenly the earth was dark and no one was there to hold my hand. but hey, this is actually happening. you're gone and here, i'm starting again. here i'm trying to fill your void with people who can't be you. here i am, trying to live because all my life, you've been telling me that life doesn't stop.
so here i'm trying to believe what you said and i hope with every passing day, you become a faint memory i will only remember when someone mentions your name. i hate to say this, but i still think about you when i'm alone. i still think of you when i smile. and when i feel like my world is going to crumble, your memories just sweep me away from the last thing that keeps me sane. i still love you but here i am, learning how to live without you. here i am, trying to forgive you for all the nights you've made me lose sleep.