- afterwords & updates

+ NOTE

i still can't believe this is finished. (what? i'm not teary-eyed... i've just got something in my ey- shut up, shut up!)

a little background info that's pointless and probably gonna get skipped over: when i first joined wattpad, i had posted a few stories (lol, they were awful, they should remain in the trash bin where they belong). but immediately, after a few months, i would take them down. eventually, i got irritated at myself, because i really wanted to write and start writing on here! finally, i told myself that the next thing i post is gonna stay... and it just so happened to be this. there are poems that i wish i could get rid of in here, and there are poems that i adore and are close to my heart in here -- but they're all going to stay up here (and haunt me forever, oh god).

i never thought i was a fan of poetry, or writing poetry for that matter, until i started this. but now, i am utterly obsessed with writing and reading, especially this new form of poetry.

also, i don't really care about how many views/votes/comments i have, but you know what, i'm gonna be honest and say that seeing those notifications and comments is one of the most satisfying thing ever. like it's always satisfying to see your work be recognized. any time someone commented on how they understood, or how this poems related to them, i get this giddy feeling and my whole entire month is made.

really, what i'm trying to say is: thank you. thank you for coming along this rollercoaster of emotions. for keeping up with my inconsistency of updates (at the beginning). for sticking with me after i changed my title (rip my boring ass title: "excerpts from a book i'll never write"). thank you for allowing me to finish my first collection of poems. thank you for all the views, votes, and comments. thank you. thank you. thank you. a million thank you's to my readers. this could not have been done without you, and for that i am forever grateful. for just having your support, i am forever grateful.

___________

+ SPECIAL THANKS TO

lavotre  - for being one of the first people who commented and viewed this book (please come back and bless us with your beautiful writing tyvm)

geminnii  - you don't really count lmao, because this is a collab account between my friend and i..... however, thank you for still being supportive (even though i forced you to read my book hohoho)

• @restlesscosmos - for being one of the first people to be commenting on this and for leaving such thoughtful comments. you brightened my day with your words, so thank you.

• @nerdy_bubble15 - for voting on a bunch and commenting on a bunch and even sending me a message telling me that you liked my poems. you made me feel like i've achieved my goal of having my poems connect to my audience. thank you.

• @samanthapaliki - for voting and leaving such an inspiring (to me, at least) comment. never in my life did i think anyone would think about my poems so deeply. you made my entire day. thank you.

stussyVEVO - for voting a ton and for leaving the absolute sweetest comment. to be able to connect with someone because of my poems is extraordinary and almost seems surreal, so thank you.

• @ps-iloveu - for voting a ton and leaving such a n amazing message on my board (that made me cry - i mean i didn't cry cry bc i was in public and didn't want to explain that a person's word made me feel so touched). thank you.

___________

+ IF YOU LIKED THIS...

i would love it if you could check out my other books!

• "silent chaos" - a collection of longer poems (100+ words)
• "nostalgic drowning" - a collection of excerpts
• "tears for you" - a story of a tragedy and hope, told through poetry

see you there!
___________

+ UPDATE (august 3rd)

today is august 3rd, 2016 and i just checked what ranking this book is at -- and it's in 3rd place. i have to repeat that because i'm at such disbelief. THIS BOOK IS NUMBER THREE IN POETRY. HOLY HELL. like is this even real? is this a dream!!??

seriously. this is so unreal to me. like i am 100% certain that the number 3 under my book is fake and trying to fool me.

thank you for everything!