A/N

A/N

LET'S ALL JUST APPRECIATE THAT I WROTE ALMOST 10,000 WORDS ON MARCH 22, 2016 JUST TO SAY THAT I FINISHED WRITING IT ON MARCH 22

Seriously, I started this on April 1, 2015 and finished it at 11:47pm on the three-year anniversary of MCR's breakup. I, of course, had to go back and edit out all the plotholes and rewatch the I'm Not Okay video multiple times (which is at the top once again, now that my version of the video is all written out) to see what other little references I could throw in there, plus chapter titles and a few other pairs of eyes on it. In other words, I finished writing the story after almost exactly a year, but the editing process was much longer than that.

Fun fact: When creating Hunter, I decided his birthday was on March 22, but then I ended up writing in a time jump over the entire month of March, so didn't get to point that out. I was pretty proud of it, myself. Maybe you'll get a short story with that someday, I don't know.

This is definitely the book I've worked the hardest on that I somehow didn't give up on halfway through like most of the other books I've begun (lol remember Aquamermica? I don't, but autocorrect still does).

You're welcome for not killing Mikey, too – I was going to kill him in that car crash, but:
1. Too sad; I wouldn't be able to write it, let alone live with myself anyway.
2. Every fanfic kills off the bassist. You know how I hate clichés.

Please, leave a comment telling me what you thought of the story! It doesn't have to all be positive; I'm all for constructive criticism.

Also, some honorable mentions for titles that I created but never found a good place to use them:

SOPHOMORE SLUMP OR COMEBACK OF THE YEAR (Mikey being a sophomore, I'm surprised I didn't find a relevant enough place for this one)

WHERE DID THE PARTY GO

BACKPACK BLUES

SIX FEET UNDER THE STAIRS

MY SOCIAL MEDIA KNOWS WHAT YOU DID IN THE DARK

MIKEY'S SONG/FRANK'S SONG/RAY'S SONG/HUNTER'S SONG (I had so much freedom with Adam's Song but still never found a good chapter)

11:11AM

THREE IN THE AFTERNOON

THE TAKE OVER, THE BREAK'S NOT OVER

And my personal favorite, which you will see again...

WELCOME TO THE PRIDE PARADE!

That's right; there is a sequel in the works with this title! This one, based off of the Black Parade album, will take place the summer between their junior and senior year. I'm thinking of making this a four- or five-part series, Three Cheers for Sweethearts being first in the sequence, but with some prequels and sequels, all based off of each MCR album (possibly even including Conventional Weapons). I'm sure I can find something adorable for Frerard to do in high school based off of Danger Days, and something dramatic for Bullets (their senior year? Directly after Three Cheers takes place, picking up exactly where I left off? A prequel? Give me an opinion in the comments!), and maybe more than that. Or, if I get tired of the MCR fandom by the time I come up with all of this (I'm definitely not as emo as I was when I posted Chapter 1), odds are I'll change the names and keep going. I know you guys will catch the references. 

I just seriously enjoyed writing the last couple of chapters so much that I really want to put together a second story where they're together doing adorable OTP things. I wrote this so that their relationship went so realistically slow that the end was them finally falling in love, and that's where the story should really begin.

Maybe that's just me being poetic, I don't know.

Anyhow, I won't waste too much of your time on this one author's note. I'm just sitting here trying to absorb the fact that this is actually a completed story and that everything is done. That's just absolutely insane to me.

Thanks to every single one of you for reading, it honestly means the world to me. If there were no readers, what would be the purpose of writing? You guys are such a huge part of this.

Always keep running,

Cassidy (acting_is_mylife)