Chapter 1

Thug Love: Blood Money chapter 1 part 1

"MOMMA HAVE YOU SEEN MY TAXI 12's" David yells from the stairs.

"Boy yell at me again and you won't have feet to put shoes on" I say back.

I heard David stomp down the stairs.
"I'm sorry ma" he says towering over me.

I roll my eyes as I look up at my son. He picks me up like I'm a baby and I start to laugh.

"Alright you green giant put me down your shoes should be in the hallway closet to the right" I say.

He sets me down and places a quick kiss on my forehead.

Not much has changed with David besides him being 6'3. My son is a fighter but also a sweet heart towards his mother. He is protective over his sisters though. He will go to war for them. Kasen and I raised him right. He is a ladies man also he gets that from his dad.

I put the last pancake on the plate and sit down waiting on my family.
"Momma have you seen my purple clutch?" Paris ask from the entrance.
"Purse closet in the bin" I say.

"Baby?!"
"Momma?!"

Both Mariah and my crazy husband say at the same time.

"LOOK HERE IM NOT YALL MAID MAYBE YALL SHOULD KEEP UP WITH YOUR STUFF" I say rolling my neck.

"Here she go rolling that neck" Kasen jokes
"I'll find it myself" Mariah says.
Kasen follows her back up the stairs.

Those two are inseparable. If Kasen had it his way he would still have Mariah on his hip. Daddy's little princess grew up though and let me tell you she is thick in all the right places. Just like her momma.

David came down dressed and cute. He took the seat next to me and started on his food.

"I want y'all here after school" I say.
He nods and continues eating.
Paris is next to come down and she is stunning. She was the complete opposite of Mariah. She was skinny as hell. Her dream is to model.

Kasen came down after her and pecked my lips. Mariah was the last to sit down. As they conversed I looked at my big family. I had lost this when I was young. I owe everything to God.He is the reason I'm still here today. I felt a hand grab mine and I look to my side.
"I love you"Kasen says

I nod my head. He knew what that meant. I look at my husband and smile. His dreads are in the middle of his back. His hazel eyes seem to get brighter as we get older. Not much has changed with us since we last seen y'all. Kasen has a couple grey hairs coming in but we still get complimented on how young we look. As for me,I'm still thick where I need to be and my hair is still the length it was when we left off.

I zone back in to the conversation and look at the time.

"David you gotta get these girls to school" I say to my son.
"Yes ma'am" he says back to me.

Paris and Mariah put the dishes in the sink and head to David's car.
I make them ride to school together so they can keep up with each other.

David finishes his juice and grabs his keys.
He walks over to me and gives off a grin.
"Ma I just want you to know I love you" he says.

I roll my eyes and reach into my pocket.
"Give your sisters 20 dollars" I say handing him 3 20's.
He kisses my forehead and I hug him not wanting to let go.

I worry about David. I don't want him going down the path Kasen did. If I were to lose my baby boy I'd go mad. I love all my kids. It's my job to protect them.