Prologue ◇ The Dream

Prologue ~

.

..

...

----

The night was quiet as every single person slept comfortably in their houses. Not a single being disturbed the silence of the tranquil night. In the sky, there were so many shining stars. What a peaceful night it was.

However, there was this person living in a huge mansion who was having the same strange dreams for the past three months right after his 18th birthday last March.

His name was Alexander Stephen Lockhart.

It wasn’t really a horrifying dream. It was just that there was this familiar voice calling out to him and he felt that tonight’s dream was going to be different…

Alex was in a very beautiful garden full of roses illuminated with the shining silver moon on a starless sky. Clusters of roses surrounded him, all glowing like orbs of lights. He found it weird but felt calmed and secured by those glowing roses. It was like he has been there before. “Alex…,” a serene female voice called out to him.

He quickly glanced around him in the vast garden, but he couldn’t find the owner of the voice. There was no doubt about it, he was completely alone there.

“I must be imagining things,” said Alex, shaking his head and started walking when the voice called out again.

“Alexander…”

He was puzzled at the woman’s voice for it seemed like he knew her, but at the same time, she was a stranger to him.

He was expecting that the dream will end now because this was the moment when he would inevitably wake up. But he wanted to at least try to find out the owner of this voice.

“Who are you?” asked Alex finally, his own voice echoing in the garden. But there was only complete silence as his resonating voice passed. It took a whole minute before he told himself that he was just hearing things.

Then, suddenly a woman appeared in front of him. She has a long, curly blonde hair up to her waist that almost looked platinum white under the moonlight and wore a long, glimmering, silver gown. He couldn’t see her face because she was facing her back to him.

The woman said, “Alex, take care of your Nathanielle. Protect her at all costs.”

She faced Alex abruptly that he was dazed by her utter beauty. She was exquisitely beautiful with her high cheekbones and sea blue eyes, like his- “Wait, what? Why did I just think of that?” he thought to himself.

Those eyes looked at him sadly and longingly, which confused him because he suddenly felt sad and had the urge to ran to her and hug her like it has been a long time since he saw her.

Dazed as he was, the woman walked towards him and pulled out two necklaces with silver box chains: one had a pendant of a red rose enclosed with silver leaves, and the other one had a silver sword pendant with wings as its guard centered with three small roses. They were shining beautifully in her hands and Alex could feel something powerful from them.

“Take these necklaces. These are the family heirlooms and will be of some use to the both of you. There will be someone who will help you. Tell your father that the time has come. He will tell you everything,” she finished saying as she handed the necklaces to him.

Alex was still processing her words when he took the necklaces.

He gazed at them and remembered a memory when he was still a six-year-old kid. He was looking at his father’s back trying to grab hold of a woman who had tears in her eyes and bleeding so badly. She was being pulled by some unknown force. The woman had the same face as the woman in his dream now.

“Be careful…

...my son.”

He jerked his head up but was too late as the woman has already vanished into thin air.