Chapter 4

A/N: I would just like to say SUPER THANKS to my sorella maggiore, Ate MARGIE, for making this wonderful book cover. ♥♥♥ ^___^ ♥♥♥ Thank you so much! :*

------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 4

.

..

...

There were at least twenty horrid-looking creatures standing at the crater that was billowing with black smoke. They were about 3 feet and a half tall, small but definitely oozing with darkness and malice.

Their skin was in a sickly color of green. They had big crimson eyes without irises, no cornea or anything, just full RED.

Their ears were pointedly long, but some of them had parts that were bitten off by something vicious. Their teeth were razor sharp and could very well kill.

They started to move towards the gym with menacing eyes searching for something...or someone.

The students, who went outside of the gym to see what the commotion was about, started screaming in utter panic. There were other students in the vast track and field who were ogling at those creatures.

The twins saw Mr. Roberts and a few teachers shouting at the students to get back inside the building.

Dark goblins, Alex and Aine thought in unison. Even though Cedrych and Cerys said it in Latin, they seem to understand it as simple as English.

Suddenly, wolves who were unnaturally larger than the average ones leaped through the air and onto the dark goblins. The fighting ensued as teachers directed the students to safety.

They're werewolves, Alex thought as he looked at them growling and fighting with the dark goblins. Fire balls were thrown at the werewolves as they tried to dodged them.

Amidst all of the chaos, Alex felt Aine gripping his hand tightly. He looked at his sister's eyes that were slightly wide with fear and... Was that acceptance and determination I see? he thought confusedly.

All of a sudden, Aine hugged him so tightly and though he didn't understand what was happening, he hugged her tight just as much.

She whispered, "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you Alex but this is supposed to happen. I've seen it. Just don't give up, okay? Go to my locker--". Two dark goblins roughly grabbed Aine away from Alex, making him unable to react immediately.

When Alex went to reach her, she just shook her head. She looked like she has accepted her fate. "No! Aine!" he shouted, his heart beating frantically. Not his sister. He will not let this happen! Not again! He ran towards them and shouted for help, "Someone!! P-please!! Aine!!!"

A huge pure white werewolf appeared in front of the dark goblins holding his sister and went to swipe the them but was wounded by flaming fire balls. The white werewolf fell down and whimpered.

Aine screamed for the fallen werewolf as Alex felt worried for it. Running towards them was a huge pure black werewolf, growling loudly at the goblins and was about to charge at them.

The sky above them turned bloody crimson and blinding red light beams surrounded the remaining tenebrae cobali. Alex got disoriented with the lights and when it was back to normal (as normal as it could be), there were no signs of those vile creatures. Unfortunately, Aine was nowhere to be seen as well.

Alex slumped down to the ground, not knowing what to do. His sister was gone. He punched the ground hard. He was supposed to protect her and he failed. He couldn't even fight them off. What sort of brother was he if he couldn't even protect his sister? He punched the ground again. Self-loathing was prominent in his mind right now.

He didn't even notice that he was the only person there in the track and field, well except for the werewolves that stood with an alert stance ready for any attacks.

He didn't notice when a lone tear fell on his cheek. He didn't notice as the pure white and pure black werewolves neared him until they both nuzzled his sides gently and sat beside him.

Alex was shocked as he looked at their intelligent eyes; the very familiar shade of light brown staring at him with both relief and sadness in their depths.

He carefully touched their fur, "C-Cedrych? C-Cerys? Is that really you? You're werewolves?" They barked once and wagged their tails happily, making Alex laugh a little.

He gave them a gentle pat and a small smile with a hint of sadness. "I want an explanation about this, guys. But for now, I want to ask for your help. To save Aine," he said with a determined look.

He slowly stood up and brushed off the dirt on his clothes. The Vaughn twins shifted into their human form as he turned his back on them.

Alex didn't even flinch when he felt them touch his arms and walked with him towards the changing rooms. He couldn't care less what his best friends are. His main priority is his sister. Everything else will just have to wait.

They hurriedly changed into their uniforms and walked past the panicking students and teachers. Alex went straight to Aine's locker and opened it since he knew his sister's lock code.

There was an envelope sealed by candle wax which imprinted a family crest. His name was written at the back with his sister's beautiful penmanship. His breathing hitched a little and with slightly shaking hands, he took out the envelope.

Images of his precious sister being tortured ran through his mind. A shrill of a phone ringing snapped him out of his morbid thoughts.

Looking up, he saw Cedrych holding out his cellphone to him and mouthed, It's your father. Giving himself a calming breath, he took it and quietly answered, "Father, Ain--".

"Alexander, I know but there's no time. I'm running a bit late. Something came up at the manor and I won't be able to fetch you. Go with Cedrych and Cerys for now, okay? I'll meet you at the Silver Moon Pack House," Nathan quickly said and disconnected the call, not waiting for his son's reply.

Alex heavily sighed and gave the phone back to Cedrych. "You heard him, right? Let's just go to whatever house he said. I want to hear some damn answers right about now," he exasperatedly said. Cedrych and Cerys nodded and led the way to their car.