Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

.

..

...

..

.

Lunch hour was almost over but Alex haven't even touched his food. The group was silent, except for the constant chatter of the other students in their surroundings. He couldn't help but think back on the strangers who were with them just a few minutes ago.

The supposed bubbly one of the group, Aine, didn't even try to break the silence. She has this small frown on her heart-shaped face, like she was in a very deep thought. Cedrych and Cerys were no better either. Their faces were scrunched up in a frown as well and were staring off into space.

He dared not ask what the four of them were probably thinking at the moment. The familiar feeling from those three strangers were beyond bizarre for Alex to fully comprehend. He prided himself of being able to easily catch up on logical and scientific problems but he couldn't figure this out. It was like something was pushing him away whenever he tried to remember that familiar feeling. A memory that was locked up inside of him.

With all this thinking, Alex suddenly felt a chill ran down his spine causing the hairs at the back of his neck to stand up. It was the same chill he felt during fourth period but this time, he also felt a pair of eyes watching him from behind like it was piercing his back.

Slowly, he turned his head looking at the window behind him, half expecting that some monster was going to jump on him. However, there was nothing there, only the deep forest that surrounds the academy.

He caught a glimpse of a shadow though. He wasn't sure how but somehow he knew that whoever or whatever it was, it had an evil, malevolent aura coming from it.

It was then that he realized Cedrych and Cerys were standing beside the window pane he was looking at. They seemed to be searching for something as well in the deep forest. Did they also feel that evil presence a while ago? he thought.

He noticed Cedrych telling something to Cerys and another student came towards them. It was Sebastian Faelan, also known as Bash, the academy's co-captain of the football team.

He was Alex's and Cedrych's other best friend. He has a cropped raven black hair and dark chocolate eyes. Bash was an inch shorter than him and Cedrych.

Alex didn't want them to think that he was eavesdropping so he turned his attention to his sister. She was happily eating now and when she noticed him watching her, she beamed at him.

"Alex, come on, eat your food. We only have ten minutes before the bell rings. You need all the nutrients you can get for P.E.," she said like a mother scolding her child.

She does that sometimes, acting like the mother-figure in their small family even though she was technically the youngest. He didn't mind though, since it makes her happy and she is the only female in the family as far as he knows. Except now he begins to wonder.

For twelve years, he had thought that their mother was long dead, but now because of his weird dream, he was thinking that she might just still be... alive.