Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (2008)

Sonic discovers a legend regarding an artifact known as the "Ark of the Cosmos", an item that can take matter and use it to control gravity. However, the Babylon Rogues, Sonic's well-known rivals, are also after the legendary artifact. This sets off a war over who gets the artifact, now leading them to settle their dispute by having an Extreme Gear competition.

In the Hero story, it begins when shooting stars crashed into the planet. One crashed into the Crimson Tower and rolled into the back of a MeteorTech robot. It activated, along with others and goes on a rampage.

The next day, Team Heroes were on their way to Megalo Station in Monopole when they heard about the news on the radio. Tails gave Sonic a meteor which he thought might be from the events last night. Sonic puts it around his wrist. Soon, they were attacked by the robots, who seemed to have recognized the meteor Sonic was holding and barely escaped with their lives. While Tails and Knuckles used their respective flying and gliding abilities to save themselves, Sonic almost fell to his death from the summit of a 300-story building, but fortunately, the Ark of the Cosmos was able to save him. All three managed to escape from the city afterwards.

Team Heroes then meet up with Amy, who said she was being pursued by the robots as well. As she hugged Sonic, she dropped an Ark of the Cosmos. Tails suddenly realized that the robots were after the meteorites. They decided to go to MeteorTech to solve the mystery.

The team then arrived at MeteorTech and was greeted by the Babylon Rogues. Jet tried to force Amy to hand over the Ark, but she remains clueless as to what Jet was talking about. An alarm then made sounds, alerting the robots. Sonic and friends then took off, leaving the Rogues in pursuit. Sonic and Jet unknowingly crashed into Eggman in the main computer room of MeteorTech. When revealing himself, Sonic and Knuckles threatened Eggman and discovered that he owned MeteorTech. When he saw Sonic's Ark of the Cosmos, Eggman revealed that his Mother computer hasn't been responding ever since he gave it an Ark, which is why the robots were going out of control. He also said that the robot leader contained an ark. Jet remembered what he was there for, but realized that Amy and Storm were missing. Eggman's computer showed that Storm was chasing Amy, but they were being followed by the MeteorTech robot's leader.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles left and found Amy at Aquatic Capital. She informed them that the robot self-destructed, and Storm ran off with something that was previously inside the robot. She then said that Storm was going on about something he found in a place called "Giga" or something along those lines. Knuckles then confirmed it to be the Gigan Rocks, a famous ruin among treasure hunters. The team arrived at the rocks and found the treasure gone. When Knuckles read an ancient script, they found that Babylon Garden was a spaceship powered by the Arks of the Cosmos and that a great darkness attacked it. Eggman then flew overhead with the Babylon Rogues' airship in pursuit. Sonic then said that they should catch up.

They arrived at MeteorTech's home tower and found Jet and the Rogues waiting. Wave confirmed that Crimson Tower was MeteorTech's signal tower. Storm then said that the Arks they've collected were stolen by Eggman. Jet challenged Sonic, with the prize being the Arks of the Cosmos and title of "Fastest Creature in the Universe" to whoever nabbed Eggman first.

When they reached the top, Sonic and Jet entered at the same time and grabbed one of the two Arks he was holding. After bumping into his machine, Wave grabbed the master Ark that fell out. After that, all robot operations were cancelled. Due to the five Arks being in the same place at once, it called down Babylon Garden. Seeing that he didn't need the Arks of the Cosmos, Sonic handed all of them over to Jet. When Jet accused Sonic of running away, Sonic stated that he'll see Jet at the next World Grand Prix.

In the Babylon story, it began in the Gigan Rocks when the Babylon Rogues were trying to get an Ark of the Cosmos at the Chalice. The Ark was held in a booby trap, so Jet punched in some keys on an ancient keyboard in Babylonians text. This deactivated the trap. Slowly, Jet grabbed the Ark of the Cosmos. No sooner than that, Wave saw a shooting star. There, she closed her eyes and put her hands together, making a wish. When she tells Storm what she's doing, he simply laughed, but not for long, as he saw Jet doing the same thing. Jet wished of having a power to beat "him". Then, three more crashed down and caused a rumbling sound just as Storm was about to make a wish himself. This re-activated the trap, causing two boulders to come crashing down. It nearly crushed them until the Ark's power caused them to fly out of the way. Jet remarks that "his wish already came true". With this power, the Rogues escaped the ruins safely.

Back on the ship, Wave was analyzing the Ark of the Cosmos they found and explained it can charge up gravity and convert it to power the engine unit of Babylon Garden. She explained that there were five of them. Jet then ordered her to create a radar to help find them. Storm then bursted in and showed a news report of a MeteorTech Mech stealing an Ark of the Cosmos from the Megalo City Museum. At seeing that, they set a course for Megalo Station. After going through Megalo Station, Jet tracked the robot to Botanical Kingdom where he destroyed the robot, but lost the Ark. He searched the ground and discovered Sonic talking with the others. When Amy hugged Sonic, the Ark of the Cosmos she found (the one Jet was after) falls out. Overhearing their conversation about MeteorTech, Wave and Storm appear and Wave suggested that they go ahead of Sonic and the others to gather information on MeteorTech.

They meet Sonic and friends at MeteorTech, but were cut short by guard robots. As Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Jet, and Wave rode off, Storm attempted to get the Ark of the Cosmos from Amy, only to get whacked by Amy's hammer. She then escaped with Storm in pursuit. They reached the Aquatic Capital and Amy throws the Ark at Storm's face. She then insisted that he finds a way out when they were confronted by a MeteorTech robot, SCR-HD. After scanning Storm's Ark of the Cosmos, it blew up and revealed a second Ark. Storm ran off with both Arks and returned to the airship. Jet, happy that they now have three, was cut off by Wave's description of an ancient Babylonian text. After Jet gave up on trying to figure out what the lightless black was, he discovered that the two Arks were missing. Eggman then appeared outside flying away with them, having sneaked inside while the Rogues were determined what to do.

They followed Eggman to the Crimson Tower where they waited for Sonic and the others. Jet then challenged Sonic and they reached the top of the tower. After Babylon Garden was called down, Tails thought about what was going on. So he put together the clues he thought about it and figured it out. The damaged SCR-HD breaks in and steals all five Arks of the Cosmos from Wave. Tails informed everyone out loud that the five Arks will make a giant black hole if put in Babylon Garden. After that, Eggman declared that massive energy readings were coming from Babylon Garden. A scene then showed the outer part of Babylon Garden falling off transforming it into Astral Babylon, the Babylonian spaceship, and creating a black hole. Sonic, Jet, and everyone (except Eggman and Amy) rushed to Astral Babylon's Mobius Strip to face SCR-HD's giant new form and disconnected the Arks of the Cosmos from the ship.

Afterwards, it showed Astral Babylon orbiting Earth. Jet and the Rogues were atop a rock in the desert looking at it. After a quick conversation they flew off on their gear. The scene then switched to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy, in Tails car driving through Megalo City. Tails explained how the ancient Babylonians warped to Earth and left their engine unit in orbit. Then Amy theorized that's probably why people started wishing on shooting stars. Shortly after, Sonic heard someone say his name in the tunnel. Jet rode up imposing a challenge. The scene ends with Sonic and Jet racing through the tunnel marking the end of the story.