I Don't Know

"I don't know," he paused, "Yet."

Kai sighs and kicks off a spin in his chair. "Well at least that's a start."

"I'll continue my research, but what I've derived so far is that they can make decisions however they wish as long as they accomplish their main objective."

"And what if they don't?"

Bishop didn't answer. The line was dead as far as Kai could hear, there was no noise between them.

"They suffer."

Kai felt shivers down his spine, "Is that what you got out of what happened with Ashley today...?" He asked quietly, as though he was dreading the answer.

Another pause.

"Yeah."

The door whipped open and everyone turned to face it. "Kai, finished your research?" Cole asked. The boy entered the room with his eyebrows knitted anxiously as he paced back and forth along the corridor in the middle of their beds.

"I don't get it," he said, unknowingly ignoring Cole's question. "No one on this list matches anything Bishop told me."

"What did Bishop tell you?" Lloyd questioned.
Kai stopped pacing and glanced at him blankly. "Oh right," he face-palmed. "I didn't tell you guys yet."

He got himself comfortable on a chair before starting about what they found from Ashley.
"She was in pain when she remembered you?!" Nya exclaimed in worry.

"Yeah," Kai mumbled. "Let me just say it was not a pleasant sight."

"Okay that settles it," Sensei Wu shook his head, "I believe it is time you go down and do some investigation in the rooms for yourself Kai."

He exchanged a glance with his brother who gave him a reassuring nod. "Of course though, do not go alone. Bring someone with you." Garamadon added.

"I'm alright," Nya said. "I can come with you."

Kai shook his head, "No, I need you here in case of anything. Let's say something were to go wrong down there, you're and Zane marks the last line of defence up here."

Nya hesitated and considered retorting but kept her mouth shut. Nodding, she shrugged. "Seems legit."

"Bring Borg and P.I.X.A.L, it'll show you have authority." Lloyd recommended.

"Good idea, I didn't think of that."

Sighing, he got up from the chair. "I'll go have a word with him now," he stated before making his way out.

"You guys rest well!" He exclaimed on his way out, turning his head ever so slightly.

"And Kai!" Lloyd called after him, he popped his head back in through the door.

"Yes?"

"Be careful."