-e l e v e n-

۩۞۩

"Erza

"Erza." Her name melted on my tongue like butter.

I don't know what to do, I don't know how to feel. Awkward or relieved, happy or hurt, smile or frown? Exit or just dash towards her? Oh my lord, someone help me out here.

I flipped the 'open' sign hanging from inside the door to 'closed'. I walked small steps forward towards her. "Y-You're not welcome here." She told me.

"Erza I just want to talk to you." I whispered.

"But I don't. Leave, Jellal." She retorted. There you go, a stab straight in the heart. She moved further behind the counter, her hands were balled into fists. Was she scared of me?

"Erza please!" I exclaimed, extending my hands to grab her shoulders.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled before slapping my hands away with the strength of a thousand suns. She's still the badass that I remember. The fact that she's still the badass that I remember doesn't help lessen the pain of my hand, though.

I look at her, my eyes haven't met hers in ages. Her hair is a bit longer than I remember, other than that she still looks like the same Erza that left me three years ago.

Her eyes are panicked and her body is somewhat quivering. I haven't seen Erza like this in a long, long time. The last time she looked like this was when she punched that unfortunate guy, back in high school. My heart is in my mouth, and the dread I feel is palpable. Her face is grave, abstracted, one could almost fancy sad.

The place is eerily quiet. All around us is a deathly silence. My throat is too raw with pain for me to speak, but I have to, and I did. "Did you ever miss me? Even a little?" I ask her with a tinge of hurt and sadness in my voice.

She blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. Just as she opened her mouth to answer me, the doorbell chimed.

I put a close sign on the door, who the hell is it?

A guy with pink hair stepped inside the shop. "Okay Erza don't kill me but I was late because of a-" he stopped with his excuse when he saw me. "It's you." He hissed at me.

Yay it's me, I rolled my eyes.

"Natsu." Erza whispered. Her body and expressions relaxed a little. A thousand questions raced through my mind.

Are they dating? Are they friends? Is he her colleague? A customer? IS HE HER HUSBAND? No Jellal, keep your cool, there is no sign of a ring on Erza's fingers. We're safe, for now.

"What are you doing here you bastard!" The guy, supposedly Natsu, yelled at me.

"Keep you cool, kid." I sneered at him.

"You better drag your ass out of here before I pound you to the ground." He hissed at me through clenched teeth. Needless to say, Natsu was pissed. Did Erza tell him about what happened, of what I did? I mean, anyone would be pissed after finding out how much of a jerk I really am.

"Look, I'm not here for you. I'm here because I want to talk to my girl." I called Erza 'my girl' out of habit. Stab in the heart no.2.

The moment I blurted that sentence, the news channel on the café's TV said that it's time for the entertainment news. "Ichiya Vandaly threw the launch party for his band Parfum's new album 'Mennn' and the party instantly became the party of the month!" A man dressed in a blue suit announced with fake enthusiasm oozing out of his voice.

"Speaking of Ichiya Vandaly's party, musical sensation Jellal Fernandez was seen getting rather cozy with an unknown redheaded beauty at the very party! Is the Playboy of Fiore's Music Industry having a secret lady love? Nothing can be said as of now." The news anchor added that part as he winked. The channel showed the footage where I was talking to that girl, my hand was around her waist and I had a smug smile on my face.

Holy mother of fuck, why is it always me?! Grief, remorse and depression covered me like a thick choking blanket.

Erza balled her hands into a fist so tight that her knuckles became as white as the colour of the walls behind her. Her eyes were glossy, a rouge tear slipped away from her eye and rolled down her rosy cheeks.

"That's it. You're out." Natsu grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the café. "I see your face around this shop or around Erza one more time, I'll kill you and feed your dead body to dogs." He spat before shutting the door of the café on my face.

۩۞۩

Hi everyone!
I just finished
watching Aquarion and
oml i can't even.

It was so good!
Anyway, I'm super bored these
days.

Oh and remember,
the best reply to a fool is ignorance.