Chapter 28

One week later

Taylor's POV

I had helped Ross plan a perfect proposal for Courtney. It was going to be a scavenger hunt starting at the park and ending at the park. When she would show up at the park, we would have a dinner set up by this huge tree.  There would be fairy lights, requested by him because she loves fairy lights, I would cook her favorite meal, lasagna.

It was 4 right now. Ross, Gordy, Gus, and I were setting up the scavenger all around town. Ross and Gordy were responsible for the park, the small cafe, and the ice cream parlor. Gus and I were responsible for the Beach, the treehouse in our backyard, and the lake. Ross made me go with Gus so we could 'talk' because all of the Lynches still believe we have not talked. In reality we were dating. Soo good for me. Currently we were at the beach. The beach was the second to last spot Courtney would arrive at. We had already done the other two spots. We had to put rose pedals in the shape of a heart and candles around it, we then come back later to light them and put a rose In the center.

It was very nice out the sun was killing though.  I sat down in the sand for a second and let the water hit my feet. "Hey" Gus said sitting next to me. "Hey" he put his hand on top of mine and then brought it to his knee. He put his head on my shoulder. "I like this" he said. I nodded. "We are fine here, know one is going to come and find us. Relax."
I breathed in deeply. "Ok. So we finished the beach and put the clue in the middle of the heart. So come on we have an hour before we have to meet up with Gordy and Ross" he stood up and pulled be up too. We started walking down the beach. "where are we going"I said. "it's a surprise. come on follow me"
We continue to walk for another 10 minutes before we reached this cave. We walked in. I was amazed at what I saw.

There was this huge waterfall and a small pool under it

There was this huge waterfall and a small pool under it. Rocks were all around it. "Woah. This is cool." "I know I found it a few years ago. I come here every once in a while." I smiled. I sat down at a rock right next to the waterfall. "It is very nice" we sat in silence for a few minutes. He turned to me and just stared. I then turned to him. We stayed just like that with the only noise coming from the waterfall. He then stood up. "Where you going?" I asked. "No where." I stood up too. A brilliant idea came to me. I pushed Gus into the water below. "What was that for" he asked when he came back up. "Oh don't be a baby. I'm coming in too" i did a front flip into the water. We splashed each other for awhile before we got out. We left the cave and sat in the sand again to dry off.

It was now five and we had to leave. Hopefully Ross' plan works out.

Courtney POV

It was six right now. I had just arrived at the park like Ross told me to. A little girl with red hair and a cute beach dress came up to me. "Are you Courtney?" I smiled and nodded. "Yes I am" "oh good. Here you go. I'm not supposed to tell you who it's from though" I smiled and thanked her and she walked off. OK. I opened the letter and it said.