Surprise date?

Chapter 2

I wake up to screaming. Ugh the stupid guys. I guess I'm getting up. I check my phone and I see I have a message from Ariel.

From: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Wanna hang out today?

To: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Sure, what time? And where?

From: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Was thinking we could go see Finding Dory, and then go eat? See if Zach wants to join us.

To: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Sounds good to me. Okay, I'll ask him.

From: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Okay so meet at the movies at 11?

To: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Sounds good.

From: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Great, see you then.

I lock my phone. I go to my door. I open and and yell, "ZACH!!" "YEAH?!" He answers back. "COME HERE!" I say. I hear him walking up the stairs. "What's up?" He says as he approaches my door. "Wanna hang out with me and Ariel today?" I ask. "Sure." Zach says. "Okay we are meeting her at the movies at 11." I say. "Okay, I'll meet you downstairs." Zach says. I nod and close my door.

It's 9:30 now, so I have an hour until we need to leave. I decide to take a quick shower and curl my hair. I put on some makeup and put on a purple floral crop top and white high waisted shorts, and my white converse. I check the time again. 10:25 it read. I look at myself one last time in the mirror. Perfect. I grab my phone and wallet and walk downstairs. "Ooh, where you going?" Edwin asks. "Me and Zach are hanging out with Ariel today." I say. "Alright, be careful little sis. I love you." Edwin says kissing the top of my head. "Love you." I say. I look at Zach. His mouth is wide open. "Close your mouth, might catch flies." I say blushing. "S-sorry. You just look so beautiful." He says. I look down and blush. "AW SHE'S BLUSHING." Edwin and Nick yell. I get embarrassed and me and Zach walk out the door. "You driving?" I ask Zach. "Yeah, if that's okay." Zach says. "That's fine." I say smiling. He nods and we get in his truck.

We got to the movies and I text Ariel.

To: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
We are here.

From: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Okay, I already paid for my ticket. I'm waiting inside on y'all.

To: BabyAriel🤘🏻💖
Okay.

I lock my phone. "She's already paid for her ticket. She's waiting inside." I say to Zach. He nods. I start to pull out my wallet to pay for my ticket, but Zach beat me to it. "2 tickets to Finding Dory please." Zach says. "Zachhhh" I say. "What?" He says. "I could have paid for mine." I said. "Well, I'm the gentleman, the men always pay." He says. I roll my eyes. He pays and we walk in. He gives the lady our tickets and we walk to Ariel. "Hey guys!" She says. "Hey!" We say. "Abby, you look cute girl!" Ariel says. "Thanks! I mean we are in L.A.,  so gotta be cute right?" I say. Ariel laughs.

We walk to the concession stand and Zach pays for me.. Again.. Why is he paying for me, and not Ariel? I'm just gonna shake it off.

After the movie, we go get food. Ariel's mom is taking Ariel to the restaraunt.

We got to the restaraunt, and Ariel wasn't here. "Where's Ariel?" I ask. "Surprise.." Zach says. "What?" I say. "This was a surprise date, Abby. I really like you Abby, like really like you. I've liked you ever since we were 10. So I thought, why not take her on a surprise date, just in case she doesn't like me back, that way I could get the chance of taking you on a date.." Zach says. I'm speechless. "You like me?" I say. Zach nods. "I get it, you don't like me either. It's fine Abby." Zach says and stands up and gets ready to leave. No no no. I stand up smash my lips to his. "I. Like. You. Too." I say between each kiss. He smiles. "You do?" Zach says. I nod. "I always have." I say. "well then, let's finish this date." Zach says. I nod and sit down. "Is this why you've been paying for me all night?" I ask. He nods. "That explains it." I say blushing.

We finished eating and we walk to Zach's truck. He opens the door for me. I get in and he closed the door. He walks around and gets in the driver's seat. He cranks the truck and drives off. I feel something touch my hand. I look down and see its Zach's hand. He grabs it. He looks at me. "Is this okay?" Zach asks. "It's perfect." I say. He smiles. "Thank you." I say to Zach. "For what?" Zach says. "For dinner. The surprise date." I say. "You're welcome. You deserve it." Zach says. I blush and hide my face in Zach's arm. "Don't hide. It's cute when you blush." Zach says. I look at him and smile.

We pulled up at the house and we get out. He locks his truck. I let go of his hand. "Why did you do that?" Zach asks. "I don't want them to think we are dating." I say. Zach nods. We walk in. We were bombarded with the question. "HOW WAS THE SURPRISE DATE?" I chuckle. "It was good. But I'm tired. I'll tell y'all more about it tomorrow. Goodnight. Love you guys." I say.

I walk up to my room and wash off my makeup and change. I plug my phone up, get in bed, and let sleep overtake me.