7

"hey, gorgeous."

he was standing at her front door.

with a bouquet of roses.

they were white.

he actually remembered something about her for once. and he knew he fucked up big time if he was going to bring out the roses.

"what are you doing here?"

her voice was harsh, and he flinched at her tone.

she continued, "shouldn't you be tripping at some party?"

he semi-gasped and through the flowers down.

"i came here to fucking apologize to you."

"did you? because i doubt you even know what you've done wrong, brice. you only care about yourself."

"i love you, you fucking idiot. i have been in love with you for months now. MONTHS. don't you realize that?"

he was shouting at her now.

she didn't even care.

"of course i fucking realize that! but you know what else i realize now? you can't fucking love me sober. you don't know how to love me when you're sober. every time you have EVER confessed your love to me is when you were doped up. maybe high. maybe drunk. who fucking knows anymore? all i know is that you can't love me without some form of intoxicating substance or solid in your veins."

he once told her to hold nothing back with him.

she didn't know why he was so shocked.

"i thought you were different with me. but you're the same. you're nothing, brice. nothing. nothing without drugs. nothing without liquor. i want the guy i met that night at the party. i want the guy i met before this. i want brice back. not whoever you are."

april was crying at this point, but she didn't care.

she was so angry.

so hurt.

she needed him to feel it.

she needed him to understand.

sober or not, he would remember this.

because she was ripping apart everything they'd ever built together.

"you've destroyed me. and i can't handle this anymore. so i'm done. i'm letting you go. it's over, brice. it's all fucking over."

"no, no, no, baby. please, no. i need you. stay with me."

she was turning around and then he put his hand on her shoulder.

"i need you so much, please don't go."

she didn't care.

she pushed his hand off and walked forward.

"goodbye, brice."

she slammed the door as soon as she said this and she went to bed.

hoping that maybe in the morning, none of the last four months would be real.