2. august 25

the next day marked the beginning of what april had labeled "the end."

which was just really an overly-obnoxious way of saying, class has began.

she attended her core classes mondays, wednesdays, and fridays.

it was wednesday, and she was not looking forward to it.

she had english and then calculus two hours after.

"wonderful," she mumbled to herself as she looked down at the piece of paper while throwing a sweater over her tank top and sweats.

in college, no one gave a fuck what you wore.

so she embraced it by looking like some hobo.

she wandered out of her room and looked around campus for the building her english class was in.

naturally, she couldnt find it. so she found some guy who didnt look high nor did he look mean.

"hi, yeah, excuse me, i have no idea where building k is. can you help?" she put on a sweet voice so he didn't react badly.

"it's right over there. here, i'll walk you to it if you'd like." he grinned at her. he must've gotten this a lot. she nodded and began following him, and he began speaking about the campus while she rolled her eyes at every witty comment and she began checking him out, comparing him to her imaginary check list.

white, somewhat straight teeth? check.

dark hair? check.

blue, green, or hazel eyes? check.

over six foot? seemed about five-eleven, but it was good enough for her. so check.

personality seeming nice? check.

deep voice? check.

he was nearly perfect, but beyond her league.

they arrived at the building and she smiled as a token of gratitude, "thanks," she began, and then realized she didn't know his name.

"it's cole," he smiled back at her.

"i'm april, it was nice meeting you. i gotta go now. see you around!" she called as she began running so she wasn't late.

she made it to class with 5 minutes to spare, and pulled out her laptop to prepare for this class.

the professor walked in, yelling her head off, and then the door opened.

the professor shut up as she was lecturing, and someone began walking to her.

"why are you late?" she nearly screamed at him.

"i was caught up in traffic. i'm sorry, ma'am, it won't happen again." a familiar voice called back.

"sit there," she pointed at the empty spot next to april.

fuck. 

he began walking to the seat next to april, and that's when both of them nearly died of shock.

it was brice.

so much for a good first day.