In Which They have a Mission

The colored glass dome covered the ceiling of the castle. Feeble rays of sunlight hit the floor, running along the marble tiles. In between two engraved pillars, there sat the prince. His eyes were full of bitterness as he glanced at the walls, the tables, the chair, the floor- the castle that wasn't truly his. Adopted at a young age, he still resented the family he was brought up in. It all felt fake to him, everything that was his, but not truly. The only father he knew kept himself locked away, leaving his "son" to carry out his commands. At times like this, Livius remembered the queen that used to walk these halls, holding his hand as a toddler. She had been graceful, wise, and kind. She was the mother he never had, caring for him, singing lullabies to him, and educating him herself. However, after a few years, she was gone. Just.... gone.

A resounding clang echoed around the room as a knife hit the ground between his feet, sending cracks along the marble like veins. His head tilted back to meet the gaze of the golden haired assassin. "Raphael, you kept me waiting." He said lowly, getting to his feet and hooking his hand on his belt.

"I drift off into my own thought you know.. It's best to not keep me waiting for too long. I fear someday they shall consume me."

Raphael scoffed softly, yanking the knife from the floor and placing it back into its sheath. "I believe in no such thing. I lost the ability to be lost in my thoughts years ago." Livius's mouth turned upwards, clearly amused.

"Come, the king wishes for me to go through the villages again. One learns many secrets disguised as a normal peasant."

"Your highness.." started Raphael, his eyes narrowing a fraction. He had always doubted royalty. "Doesn't the king fear for the your safety?"

"I'm suspecting I am a mere pawn in this situation." He started, his eyes slightly showing the hatred buried inside. His teeth gritted for a moment before he relaxed, continuing camly.

"But no matter, I have you. You, who are only skilled for the job of an assassin."

"Yes your highness.." Raphael said lowly, taking a deep breath. The prince picked up the cloak from the bench he sat on earlier, drawing it around his shoulders and fastening it close. As he pulled the dark green hood upwards, he gestured for Raphael to follow him. Raphael followed behind him, his boots hitting the hard marble floor angrily.

"Come, there are secrets to uncover." He said with a tight smile, heading towards the two large golden doors. Raphael followed, a surly look on his face and heels hitting the marble harshly.

***