Chapter 4: Home & School

When I get home, I go to my room and sit quietly on my bed and watch TV. I stare  at the big thick boot that is on my foot. I lift it up and it seems heavy yet sturdy. I don't like the feeling, so I take it off and look at my foot. It is utterly disgusting. It is purple, bruised, and out of place. I look away and put the boot back on my foot. I get up and walk around trying to see what it feels like. I just can't quit starring at it, it is so unnatural.

   I hobble downstairs and go to the dinner table. I tell my dad and brother about what  happened even though I know my mom already told them. For dinner we had cesar salad with the little crutons that I like. I really didn't want to eat so  I got my dog Romeo to eat it off my plate. It probably wasn't the best thing to feed to my dog. He still ate it pretty much because he will eat anything he can find.

    I got up from the table and tried to climb the stairs, but when I did I stumbled down and my mom came running. " Are you alright dear!?" " Yes im fine mom, I was trying to go upstairs to take a shower and"  she cuts me off  " Let me walk you up" " Really im fine mom it won't be neccesary." I try again and this time I was successful. I went into the bathroom and took off all of my clothes, turned on the hot water, and got into the shower. I stood in the shower for a long time not wanting to get out, but my mom called for me and told me to get out because I was using up all of the hot water.

   When I got out I put on my pajamasand crawled into bed. I really didn't sleep through the night, I really just couldn't. When I woke up I put my boot back on and went to eat breakfast. I ate a waffle and some strawberries and then went to put on my clothes and brush my hair for school. I had my mom take me to school because I didn't want to draw attention to it. At school everyone talked and asked about it. Even my teacher asked me about it.