James "Bucky" Barnes #2

A/N: In which [Y/N] has telepathic powers!

~

"It just had to be rain." Mumbled [Y/N] as she stood pressed against the wall outside a small coffee shop she usually visited when she had the time. Only problem was; the shop had just closed up, and it was pouring rain from above her, hitting the pavement loudly. The [H/C] female groaned, pulling her coat further up around her. She had chosen the wrong day to wear her thin, black coat. The same coat her mother gave her for last christmas.

"Ma'am, are you alright?"

[Y/N] jumped and turned to her right, observing the two men staring at her. They were both fairly tall and bulky, only the one closest to her had blond hair, slicked perfectly over his head. The other looked like his complete opposite, with dark hair cascading to just above his shoulders, and a bit of stubble adorning his face. [Y/N] was completely aware she was practically checking the two out, and with a mental slap to the face, she shook herself out of her trance and turned to the blond man, whom was the one to call out to her.

"I would say I'm fine, but considering I'm soaked to the bone, with no coffee in hand to keep me up so I can finish up my work..." She trailed off and shrugged, a grim expression adorning her face.

The dark-haired man chuckled, yet not saying anything to contribute to the conversation.

"Would you like for us to walk you home? It's fairly late, and this isn't exactly the ideal part of town to be walking alone." [Y/N] bit her lip, eyeing the two before nodding. She recognized the blond man as Steve Rogers, of the Avengers. How could she not know him after everything on the news lately?

"I would appreciate that, thank you."

"No problem, Miss...?" [Y/N] smiled and reached a soaked and ice cold hand forward.

"[Y/N] [Y/L/N]." Steve smiled and shook her hand, as did his friend with a bit of hesitation.

"I'm Steve Rogers, and this is Bucky Barnes." [Y/N]'s eyes widened slightly in realisation, but she shook her head and replaced it with a wide smile.

"I know who you are, working for the NYPD kind of brings that kind of knowledge along with it." She shrugged awkwardly and began walking, pulling her coat up in an attempt to keep warm. Bucky noticed this and offered her his own jacket, which caused her grin to grow even wider.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you."

"No problem, ma'am."

Steve cleared his throat awkwardly, causing the two's faces to flush as [Y/N] wrapped the large jacket over her shoulders.

"So you're a cop?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. I'm more of a detective, but they only come to me when they're desperate. Guess you could say I'm the Sherlock Holmes of New York." This caused the two men to laugh.

"Uhm, like... I'm kind of special, so they don't like mixing me in with their problems and such, I guess. I don't really know. All I know is it pays the bills, so I don't ask any questions."

"Define 'special'." Requested Bucky, meeting eyes with Steve for a moment. [Y/N]'s eyes widened as she kept her eyes on the sidewalk, not glancing at either men on either side of her.

"Listen to me, I'm rambling." She laughed awkwardly. "I-It's nothing big, just some useful qualities the NYPD finds helpful, that's all."

"What, are you a medium of some sort or?" Joked Bucky, smirking as he glanced down at her. [Y/N] glanced up and returned his smirk with a half-smile. "I guess you could say that."

"Well, here we are, boys. Thank you for walking me home." The [H/C] female stopped in front of an apartment complex, fairly expensive-looking as well.

"It was no problem at all, Miss." Bucky smiled at the girl, his eyes glinting with something Steve hadn't seen in some time. The blond soldier smiled knowingly, and turned to [Y/N], shaking her hand one last time.

"Have a good night, ma'am." [Y/N] smiled and shook hands with Bucky, holding eye contact with him as she slipped something into his hand.

"You as well, I hope we meet again, Steve. Bucky." Then she turned and unlocked the door, waving one last time and grinning at Bucky's dumbfounded expression before slipping through the now open door.

"What's wrong, Buck? Cat got your tongue?" Teased Steve as they began walking back the way towards Stark Tower. Bucky turned and smirked.

 The Winter Soldier handed a piece of paper over to Steve, whom began laughing at the scribbled words on the paper.

[Y/N] grinned as she glanced at the large jacked slung over the back of her couch beside her, a file about some homicide sprawled over her lap.

"I knew I recognized you, Barnes." The girl's gaze moved to her most recent 'dream-drawing'. She did these quite often to remember her so-called 'predictions'.
The drawing showed a dark-haired man with stubble, offering the very same jacket that laid over the back of her couch.

"She's interesting." Bucky nodded as he looked over the slip of paper again, re-reading the words.

'If you want to see your precious jacket again, call the number below.
Hope to see you soon. x

~[Y/N]'

~

A/N: Okay, this was kinda shitty, but idk, I edited it as best I could s:

~Anja