Chapter 7- Hiding

Myra felt lightheaded. No, she thought. How is this possible? How is he here?

Bryn took a sharp breath in. "Is that Dallas?" 

Myra opened her mouth, but found she couldn't speak, so she nodded instead.

Bryn grabbed Myra's arm, and a tingle ran up her spine. Bryn looked at her seriously. "Come on." She started tugging Myra towards her house. "You can hide in here until the jerk goes away."

Myra allowed herself to be tugged across the grass and to the back door, where Bryn swiftly unlocked it and ushered Myra inside. Myra stepped in with slight trepidation, as she had never been in Bryn's house before. It was clean and open, and Myra felt relaxed the moment she took a breath. It just had that kind of effect.

Bryn closed the door. "My mom won't be home for another hour."

"Oh my gosh," Myra gasped in sudden realization. "I have to go home! I have to get to the set! We have to leave in ten minutes!"

Bryn frowned. "Alright, text your mom, see if she can pick you up right outside my house. Or around the corner or something. We can go the back way."

Myra looked at her gratefully. "Thank you so much. For all of this."

Bryn smiled. "Hey, it's no problem."

Myra opened her text conversation with her mom. Then she frowned. She scrolled up a bit.

Then smack herself in the forehead.

"I'm so dumb," she groaned. Then she laughed. "I'm not called today. They're shooting some scenes with Gabriel and Daniel's family. I'm tomorrow." She slid her phone into her back pocket, sighing in relief. "Oh, wow. Luck is with me today."

Bryn smiled. "Awesome!" She dropped her backpack and stretched her back. "Let's see if Dallas has decided to scram. I have a pretty good view of your house from my room."

Myra dropped her backpack and slid off her shoes before following Bryn through the house and up the stairs. Myra decided that she liked the layout of Bryn's house. There were almost no walls downstairs. The kitchen flowed seamlessly into the living room, then the dining room, then back to the kitchen. The stair sat in the middle.

She followed Bryn up the stairs and down the hall to the furthest door. Bryn opened it and strode across the room to the window. Myra paused at the door frame.

Bryn's room was large, but not overwhelmingly so. She had two huge windows that allowed sunlight to stream in once she opened the blinds. Her bedspread, unmade from that morning, was a simple solid blue. All the furniture was made with a light tan wood. It was a happy and relaxing space. It suited Bryn, who Myra considered a very chill person.

"Alright, well, he's still there," Bryn huffed. "Creep." She turned to Myra. "So, do you want to...chill here, I guess?"

Myra shrugged delicately. "I mean, if you don't mind..."

Bryn laughed. "Of course not. Mi casa su casa."

Myra blinked. "That's Spanish, right...?"

Bryn laughed again. It was a rich, strong sound that made Myra feel warm in the pit of her stomach. Bryn looked at her, eyes twinkling. "Yeah, Spanish. My house is your house."

"Oh." She shifted. "Do you speak Spanish?"

"Not fluently, but I'm in Spanish four, so I should hope I know a few common phrases." Bryn smiled mischievously.

Myra laughed. "Gotcha."

"So," Bryn said, walking over to Myra, "what would you like to do?"

Myra shrugged. "Um...I don't know. I don't really have all that much homework."

"What do you do for fun?" Bryn prodded.

Myra blinked. "Um...." She wracked her brain. What did she do for fun?

She looked at Bryn apologetically. "Sorry, I'm not sure."

"What?!" Bryn exclaimed. "How can you not know what you do for fun?"

"I'm on set most of the time," she said, wincing.

Bryn snapped her fingers. "Aha! Perfect idea! We can watch a movie!" She started walking down the hallway.

Myra followed, and after sending a quick text to her mom explaining that she was hanging out at a neighbor's house, slipped into the movie room.

Bryn was shuffling through movies. "Okay, we can watch an Avengers film, if you're into that, um, here's some James Bond, X-Men, Mission Impossible...." She trailed off. "I didn't realize how into-action I was until this moment." She laughed.

Myra shrugged. "Whatever you want."

"Oh, look what I found," Bryn said, a smile spreading across her face. She turned around and held up Welcome to Hayworth. "My sister's favorite movie."

Myra laughed. "Oh my gosh, I look awful on this cover."

"Nah," Bryn said with a smile. "You look cool."

Myra's character in Hayworth had been a cool girl in school who acted like she was better than everyone else but still befriended the new kid. It had been an interesting character to play, but Myra still thought she looked ridiculous wearing sunglasses and leaning against a wall like she was on the DVD. Gabriel looked fine. His character had been kooky and fun, much like Gabriel himself.

"You know," Myra commented, "I've never actually seen this."

Bryn turned on her. "What?! How?"

"I was sick the day of the premier," she said, shrugging. "Gabriel and Cassidy offered to see it with me in theaters, but we decided that the three main characters of the movie in the audience would draw attention."

Bryn pointed to the blonde haired girl in the center of the DVD. "Is that Cassidy?"

Myra nodded. "Yeah, she plays Lila."

"We are so watching this," Bryn declared.

Myra laughed. "No, this is going to be so embarrassing...."

"Nah," Bryn said, sliding the DVD into the player. "This is gonna be GREAT."

Myra settled down on the couch next to Bryn and decided, even though she had no doubt she was going to be cursing her every action in this movie, she didn't really mind if she was watching it with Bryn.