twenty-four.

7: 02PM

benny's asshole: um do you mind letting me see the book too since i am the professional here i'm doing..??

you: goddamn it, benny don't you see i am trying to concentrate!!!

benny's asshole: you don't even understand what my spellbook ugh you know what you're lucky i love you, anna.
READ AT 7:03PM

benny's asshole: too soon??

• □ • □ • □ • □ •

With a spellbook in her left and her phone on her right, Anna seemingly ignored Benny's message-or tried to. She didn't know what to say or if she should say I love you back. In this exact moment where he accidentally opened a portal where many deadly famous villains escaped he tells her how he feels. Anna wanted to punch Benny to the ground, but at the same time she didn't want to hurt him.

"Anna, give Benny the spellbook he knows what to do?" Ethan demanded, noticing that his tone seemed quite rude or annoyed, cleared his throat at the end of his words.

Anna scoffed. "And I don't-okay, I don't, but I want to help. I am not a magical or supernatural creature! Let me help instead of doing nothing as you guys do everything!"

"Keep it down, I think Penguin heard you. What short stuff he is, huh?" Rory announced with his brows raised. He clearly enjoyed seeing some of his favorite TV, movie, and comic villains in the real world. He has always dreamed of ruling the world with the Joker, but right now the Joker doesn't plan to befriend him or anyone anytime soon.

Ethan rolled his eyes. He wanted everyone to take this seriously and understand how dangerous it is to just keep standing and fishing instead of making a plan in some secret hideout (or his house) where the villains aren't surrounding them or probably listening. He wanted everyone to listen and keep watch.

He snatched the book from Anna's hand and handed it to a stunned Benny. Ethan stared at him with apologetic eyes and bit his lip. He liked Anna, she was nice and seemed to love Benny and his awkwardness. The only thing he didn't like about her was the fact that Benny was head over heels over her and was always texting her as he tried talking to him and wanting to settle in a conversation with him. Ignored-that's what he felt-but all he could do was go along with knowing that he wasn't important to Benny. Ethan was a third wheel just like every friendship is when their friend finds a significant other, though was it normal to feel completely erased from their life?

Ethan grabbed Anna's arm and lead her a few feet away from the others. He ignored Benny's loud shouts and questions and continued leading her to where they couldn't hear them.

Anna, who was uncomfortable, tried tugging away from his grip, but gave up when he finally let go of her and turned to her with glassy eyes. She swallowed her sudden feeling of guilt. What did she do?

"Ethan-"

"I am human too, but not really. I am a Seer which means I get visions of the future, past, present with just touching someone. It's not as cool...I just want you to know that you should just stay away from this. We can put everything to normal as long as you don't get in the way," Ethan advised.

"I care about my safety and everyone else's... I can't let you guys do this all alone..."

Ethan wiped away his tears and chuckled, shaking his head. "If you do that than Benny won't have anyone to...you will get hurt, Anna. I had visions when I touched you and it wasn't good. The first is you...dying and Benny-the second is Benny having to erase your memory because you get hurt and he worries that he will only harm you more. The third is the better option and that's you at home waiting for us, but I couldn't see if we make it or not. Look, the point is I think you should stay out of this."

"Is there a fourth?" Anna croaked, she took a couple of breathes before continuing. "I don't like your visions, Seer. Please, tell me you can see another one..."

"Uh, I don't... I don't know. Here, let me touch your arm real quick." said Ethan with his hand stretched out.

Anna nodded and stretched hers as well. She wanted her and everyone to get of here alive and well, to be with Benny still, and to help. She closed her eyes and debated if the first vision would be the better choice than the second.

Ethan tightened his grip on her as his eyes turn bright white. He saw the other three visions, but he was seeing another. It was Anna and him fighting together with wooden stakes in their hands, holding it by the tip that many would usually use to kill a vampire to make the villains unconscious. Sarah, Rory, and Erica were fighting with their bare hands and kicked some of them out of their way to get more. Benny was flipping through his spellbook trying to find the spell to put them all back. But no one would get hurt.

Ethan quickly let go of Anna and inhaled the fresh air. He looked at her and nodded before running back to the others.

"Guys, I had a vision! Anna and I need to go get the stakes from the car fast." Ethan declared.

"You guys have stakes in your car? While us vampires are in there? Well, don't I feel betrayed." said Rory.

"Just go get them. We will be here kicking some butt. Go!" Sarah ordered, ignoring Rory just like everyone else. She went to Erica and grabbed the keys from her jacket pocket, throwing it at Ethan.

Ethan thankfully caught them and nodded. He motioned Anna to follow him, which she obeyed, and the two went running towards the car.

"What are we doing?" Anna questioned.

Ethan turned the keys to the passenger door and a click from the truck was heard. He ran towards it and opened to see the stakes laying in the back. He smiled and grabbed one for each of them. He handed them to a confused Anna, who stared at disgusted as if she was holding a dead animal.

"We're going to take those sons of bitches were they belong. We're gonna be the rejected Frog Brothers, but we're going to kick some ass."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

author's note: this chapter is pretty short, so sorry about that! i just wanted to show some sort of friendship between ethan and anna. i will try to update this tomorrow as well because i am honestly so ready to see some badass anna! i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! dedicated to addisonriggs_ for being such a sweetheart and loving benny and anna as much as i do! ily! <3