A Necklace in a Park

Nighttime Talks part two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kar have you seen Eddy's coat?" Taylor said as she looked around with their son on her hip.
"It's in the laundry room babe I washed it yesterday." Karlie said, laughing at her wife.
"Thank you!" The blonde girl said, playing with the five-month old she was trying to get ready for a trip to the park.
"No problem, here let me take him." Karlie said, taking the boy from her wife.
"Thanks, I just need to grab a few more things and I'll be ready to go, here's his coat can you put him in his stroller?" Taylor asked, handing Karlie the jacket and walking off to finish getting ready.
"Yup, we got this, don't we Eddy?" The taller girl said, turning to her son.
After she had managed to wriggle the young kid into his coat and hat, she set him in his stroller so she could grab the necklace she bought for Taylor's birthday, hiding it in her coat pocket.
"We're all ready to go babe." Karlie said, waiting for Taylor by the front door.
"Okay just give me a sec." Taylor replied, putting on her coat.
"Are you ready buddy? I'm going to give mommy that necklace I told you about last night. I'll probably do it while you're on the swing, maybe after she slides down the slide with you." Karlie said, bending down to whisper to their son.
"I think we're all ready to go." Taylor said, walking up to Karlie, who she found bent down playing with Eddy.
"We are indeed, to the park." Karlie said, opening the door.
"Come one it is so your turn to slide with him." Taylor argued.
"You're shorter, you fit better." Karlie said, attempting to convince her wife to yet again take their son down the slide.
"I'm not that much shorter than you."
"Pleeaseee." Karlie batted her eyes, knowing it would convince her.
Taylor's eyes softened upon her wife using her puppy dog face, "alright fine, c'mere kiddo." She said, picking Eddy up from his stroller, "next time it's totally your turn."
"Whatever you say love." Karlie winked at Taylor.
Karlie watched as Taylor climbed to the top of the slide and settled in with Eddy,
She really is the best mom in the whole world. She thought, looking at the smile on her wife's face as she tickled their son. Then, Taylor pushed off and made that dramatic "wheeee" sound she always makes, looking over and smiling at Karlie as they made the quick slide down.
I have the most perfect wife with the prettiest smile. She thought as Taylor picked Eddy up and spun around after they got off the slide.
"Swings next?" Taylor asked as she walked back up to her wife.
"Sounds like a plan." Karlie said, taking Taylor's free hand that wasn't holding Eddy.
Karlie took Eddy from Taylor and set him in the baby swing, "he looks so cute when he's swinging."
"He really does, and you two look even cuter when you're pushing him on the swing." Taylor said, kissing her wife's cheek.
Karlie blushed, "aw now we all know you look much cuter playing with Eddy."
"Untrue. Impossible really. You're the cutest person to ever play with any baby ever." Taylor argued.
"Oh is that so?" Karlie laughed.
"Yep."
"Well, the cutest person to ever play with any baby ever has a surprise for you." Karlie said, pushing Eddy gently on the swing.
"You what?" Taylor said, both surprised and confused.
"I have a surprise for you. Think of it as an early birthday present."
"Karlie my birthday isn't for two weeks!" Taylor said, surprised Karlie had thought this far ahead.
"Yeah well if it happens on your actual birthday it's not really a surprise. Eddy and I talked this all out last night." Karlie explained.
"Oh did you now?" Taylor laughed.
"We did."
"Well then what is it?" She was never good at waiting for surprises.
"Here you push him for a second." Karlie said, stepping back so she could take the box out of her pocket.
"Oh what did you do this time." Taylor said, more of a statement than a question.
"Here, open it." Karlie said, her eyes lit up with excitement as she handed her the box.
Taylor took the small box from her wife and opened it slowly, her mouth forming an "o" when she saw the necklace inside.
"Oh babe it's beautiful." She said, looking up at Karlie.
"Open it." Karlie said.
"It's a locket?" She asked as she gently opened the small heart. "Oh my god Karlie. This is my favorite picture of us." She said, tears forming in her eyes.
"I know. It's mine too." She said, beaming at her wife.
"See Eddy, I told you, the eyes say it all, don't they look like the prettiest ocean right now? I mean they're always pretty but when she loves something? That's when they're the prettiest." Karlie said, talking to the baby she was pushing.
"You told him?" Taylor laughed, not having heard that part of their conversation the night before.
"Oh yeah we talked the whole thing through, I told about how your eyes look when you feel certain ways, told him he'll need to know that when he gets bigger." Karlie said.
"You're so cute you dork." Taylor laughed, kissing Karlie lightly on the lips.
They took Eddy out of the swing and decided to sit down on the bench, Eddy on Taylor's lap and Taylor in Karlie's.
Taylor held Eddy with one hand and fiddled with her necklace with the other, "this is where I want to sit forever."
----------------------------------------------
I wrote a follow up to yesterday's one shot. They stand on their own sort of but they're better if you've read them both.
What do you guys think? Like it? Love it? Hate it? Thank you so much for all your votes/comments/suggestions. Keep 'em coming! Really anything is great. I just love the feedback. Say literally anything. Share any idea you have, it can be super specific or super vague.
Thank you for everything :)
So much love,
C <3