Game Day

Scott McCall ran through the door and jumped on his bike. He was headed straight for Stiles's place. Today was game day and he and Stiles were playing first line. Liam was already there and Stiles was driving them both.

He arrived at the Stilinski's at 5 pm. Stiles was waiting in the car and unlocked it when he saw Scott.

"You ready?"
"Yeah, just gotta wait for Liam."
"What's he doing?"
"I don't know, see..." Stiles stopped mid sentence and thumped the horn hard three times. "Liam!" He screamed through the cracked window. A faint little yelp came from Stiles's bedroom window. "We can't hear you." Stiles yelled crawling over Scott's lap to get his head further out the window.
"Stiles just open the window more." Scott said avoiding getting his nuts squashed.
"Can't. Windows are busted." Scott groaned because Stiles's elbow jabbed into his crotch and his friend's inability to maintain his jeep.
The door burst open and Liam stood proud. He then meandered over and put his head up to the crack.
"Hey," he said to Scott and Stiles. Stiles rolled his eyes and Scott smiled at his best friend.
"What took you so long?" He asked.
"Nothing. Can Hayden come with us?"
Stiles grunted and Scott hit him on the arm. "Yeah, where are we picking her up from?" Scott said glaring at Stiles.
"Uh, here's fine." Hayden emerged from Stilinski's house, a grin on her face. Scott tried to cover the smile spreading across his face as he laughed. Stiles's eyebrows crunched together in dissatisfaction.
"Dude, that's disgusting. My dad is home. That's just not right."

🌗

"Alright gather round. Tonight we play East Secondary College. Word gets round that they have a new major player in their team. A freshman that is killing the entire field. McCall, that's number four Max Miles now you can take him tonight wherever he goes follow. Now Stilinski you're starting on the bench tonight." Stiles started to complain and Scott vaguely heard what he said as he got his head in the game.
"What- coach. What about Greenberg? Are you gonna start him on the bench with me? What? Am I as bad as Greenberg, now huh coach?"
"Well no, you can't be as bad as Greenberg but you're a close second..."

Get ready Scott told himself. It was his first game back without Kira and he wasn't really too pumped. He was just too distracted to focus. He figured nobody would try to kill him if she was gone but he was still sad.

"How are you going?" Liam asked. "Pretty rough for you."
"Yeah, it's just Kira you know."
"Yeah, just remember, number four."

They ran out onto the field and number four was stationed right in the centre. Scott ran for him and took his place opposite. He lowered his head and focused on finding his oppositions eyes. They locked and he exhaled sharply as the girl in front of him pulled the braid from behind her back to her shoulder and whispered,
"I know your secret."
The whistle blew and she tapped the ball and towards her, picked it up and tossed it forwards then ran. Scott stood shocked and watched her run at an incredible speed down the field.