Anyway

Liam walked into school in the morning and went for his locker. His head was spinning because he could sense another one. More than usual. He turned to see Scott walk downstairs towards him with a look on his face that said he knew too.

"It's her, I saw her coming out of the bathroom." Malia stated. She was ready for soccer training which she joined to keep her mind off Stiles and other things. She was followed by Lydia who had a worried look on her face.
"I thought you said you would tell her it wasn't free." Liam said exasperated.
"She could tell I was lying and I had to tell her."
"Wait what do you mean she could tell you were lying. Does that mean..?" Lydia asked.
"No it just means I'm a bad liar. She doesn't know about it but she is something."

🌗

Later in the day there was Lacrosse training. Liam was putting some shots in and Scott and Stiles were talking to the coach about the new addition to the team.

"She won't take your place as Captain McCall she's just here to get us goals which we seem to be lacking in. Why are you so against her anyway? You're girlfriend was a girl." Scott and Stiles exchanged glances.
"Yeah she was a girl because she was my girlfriend."
"Exactly."
"How does that even work?"
"Well you could've had a boyfriend."
"No I couldn't." Stiles argued on pointlessly with the coach.
"Why not? You know you're friend is gay. Don't you think you could have him for a boyfriend."
"No! Because I'm straight. Coach." They continued arguing and arguing but Scott looked over at the new girl training. She was really fast and she beat Liam plenty easy. Then again Liam was distracted by Hayden who was at soccer practice.

🌗

Max sat at the bus stop with her hands in the pockets for the big red lacrosse jumper she wore. She dangled her feet and bobbed along to the music she had playing through her comically large headphones. A bus was about to pull up, but as it did a blue jeep drove up to the curb and Stiles got out and jumped to the entrance of the bus.

He stood there and nodded his head towards the inside of the bus.

"You have a car." Max said not moving from her position on the bench.
"But the bus is actually probably in better condition." Stiles again nodded for Max to follow him into the bus. When Max didn't move again, Stiles grabbed her by the wrist and looked at her with a scary look. Now threatened, she reluctantly got up and got on the bus, not before smiling at and saying a 'good afternoon' to the driver.

As max walked up the bus, Stiles a few steps ahead of her, she became aware that Scott and Lydia were both on the bus. The rest of the bus had very few people on it. She followed Stiles all the way to the back where and pointed to the seat next to Scott. Max sat, aware of the fact that she was severely outnumbered. She looked up to Scott and then to Stiles. He sat down placing his arm around Lydia's shoulders.

"We know you're lying." Stiles said attempting to intimidate Max by looking her in the eye.
"No we don't." Scott said quickly giving Stiles a look. "We don't think you're lying. We know you're not lying. You're not lying."
"About what?" Max asked feeling less threatened by the unorthodox interrogation.
"Sweetheart, do you know whether you're parents have told you everything." Lydia said smiling, looking down upon her.
"They're dead." Max said, earning the shocked expressions she had expected and hoped for. "They've been dead a long time. It's just me and my brother."
"I'm sorry." Scott said. She shrugged. There was a silence for an awkward amount of time. "I'm sorry." Scott said again.

Scott, Lydia and Stiles got off the bus, all feeling guilty for what they had just done. They were surprised when Max jumped off the bus after them waving goodbye to the driver.

"That's actually not my bus."

Before any of them could take in what was happening, Malia and Liam had stabbed Max in the shoulder. Max cried out in pain as Scott rushed forward in an effort to try and take the pain. Stiles and Lydia began yelling at Liam while Malia tried to pull Scott off Max.

"Get off her."
"Why?"
"She could heal." Scott looked up to Malia and slowly realised what their plan had been. Backing away from Max, Scott crouched not too close to her side while the others watched from a comfortable distance.
"Check the scar." Malia ordered and Max obeyed instantly. She pulled away the red fabric to reveal a very small scab that could only have become that way if it had heal within a matter of seconds. "I told you."