author's note (and some warnings)

So this is actually kind of important and if you're like me and usually skim through author's notes or just ignore them completely, please don't ignore this one.

For this story, the only interest I really had in writing this was getting it done. It was an idea that was stuck in my head and I needed to get rid of it. The only way I saw fit was to write it myself and then it's over and done with. Which is exactly what I've done.

I have done so much research for a story I barely care about, it is unbelievable. I wanted to make it as accurate as I could and I really hope I did that as I am not a musician or a doctor or someone who has gone through cancer.

This story is mostly finished. When I first started posting this, I had hopes for it being finished relatively fast, but unfortunately I was unable to write as fast as I had originally planned. It also a lot longer than I originally planned and that was also a huge factor. Every time I post a new chapter, I always have the next two drafted for posting. Please be patient with me, I'm a stressed-out college student that likes to procrastinate her life away.

Oh, this part is also important. Twilight is likely set during 2006 and the following years. I have completely ignored that and just jumped the whole thing to 2016 (or a time around then. I used a song from this year and in the story it's like October, November, etc.) I didn't want to care about timelines while writing so I didn't. There are also a few things I did with the characters in Twilight just because I wanted to. Like Paul, for instance. In my story, he's like 19 or 20. He isn't sixteen and he lives by himself.

On to the warnings:

I briefly mentioned this above and it is tagged in the tags, but this story is about cancer. The first couple of chapters have only brief mentions of it but the main character is showing symptoms in them so please be warned and stay safe.

Hospitals will be in this a lot once the main character starts undergoing treatment. I tried my best when it comes to the procedures and did so much research you guys. So much. That being said, I am not an expert. If any of this is incorrect, please tell me and I'll do my best to fix it.

I think that's it. If I use certain kinds of music in a chapter, I will put them at the bottom of the chapter. All of them can be found on YouTube so have no fear. If I have forgotten to do so, please tell me and I will add it to the bottom. I've also made outfits for certain events, but I'm not including them in this story. If you're curious, they're on my polyvore account which is tyler-heckles.

I hope you enjoy!