Ten.

{Just so you know, there are a lot of time jumps in this chapter. It's simply so I can further the story a lot faster and also because I'm getting tired of writing this. I'm also hoping to have this finished before the new year. The way my writing is going, I feel like I might be able to make that timeline. Also, I wrote some of this while in a sleep-deprived state. If some of it seems a little weird, that is why. Other than that, I hope you enjoy!

Quick note: I fixed a medical term that Nelly was explaining to Kim when at the beach because I had the information incorrect ): But it's all good, because I learned that the consolidation phase of Nelly's chemo is only given once she goes into remission. Sorry about that, folks! (Added November 30th, 2016)}

As luck would have it, Nelly's next chemo session is two days before Bella's wedding. Her dad tries to convince her to stay home, but Nelly insists. She isn't missing this wedding for anything. Cancer is cancer and it won't stop Nelly from living her life, even if it does shorten it. This session will be Nelly's second last round of pegaspargase before they let her body recover for a month or so. After that, if the leukemia is still present and shows no signs of slowing down, Nelly will be getting a different drug.

Right now, they're sitting in the hospital and Nelly's breakfast from this morning is now sitting in a bucket in front of her. Her doctor is standing beside her and is speaking to her dad about different drugs they could use to treat her if the pegaspargase didn't work. They're thinking that it did, but they're just being cautious and preparing for every outcome.

"So how are you feeling, Nelly?" Dr. Bishop asks her.

She looks up after spitting another round of bile. "How do you think?" She says just as she starts heaving again. Dr. Bishop laughs and Nelly wants to dump her bucket of puke onto his shoes. Her head hurts and she feels hot and her chest hurts from heaving nothing but bile into the bucket in front of her. Honestly, what kind of question was that?

"I mean, other than today, how have you been feeling?" He has his clipboard out and looks ready to take notes.

"Fine, I guess," she mutters, wiping her mouth on her wrist. Her dad gives her a look and hands her a tissue. She takes it and stuffs it under her leg for future use. "I had this migraine last week and I'm tired a lot. My appetite isn't any better than it was before. But other than that, I'm okay."

Dr. Bishop nods and writes everything she says down. "Your dad tells me that you're going to a wedding in two days?" He says, smiling up at Nelly when he finishes.

"Yeah," Nelly smiles back. "It's for my friend, Bella. I can't wait to go."

"You know, your dad is worried that you won't be well enough to go," Dr. Bishop adds. Nelly groans and rolls her head to the side. Dr. Bishop laughs, but her dad frowns. "You think you'll be okay?"

"I'll be fine," Nelly tells him, though she's looking right at her dad. "Even if I'm not, I'm still going. Bella is only getting married once and I will be there for it. I do not want to live it through the highlights, I want to be there. So, I will be. I even bought a nice dress. I have the entire outfit picked out and I'm not putting it to waste." She looks up at Dr. Bishop and isn't surprised by the amused look on his face.

"Well, I'm not going to advise against it," he tells them. "It's up to Nelly. If she feels like she can go, then why not let her go? It won't do her any harm." He looks at her dad. "I promise. If you are worried, take a wheelchair. Now, I must go but the nurses here will take good care of you. I'll see you in two weeks and I can't wait to hear all about the wedding." He smiles at them one more time and takes his leave, brushing away the curtain that was tugged closed when Nelly first started puking.