But She's Looking At You

Chapter 2: But She's Looking At You

Jay

            When I woke up the next morning it wasn't willingly. I woke up because my phone was constantly ringing and vibrating on the dresser next to my head. Whoever was calling me non-stop was going to get a mouth full from me. Who the fuck blows up your phone at five in the morning? I groggily sat up and reached for my smartphone. There on my screen it said I had eleven missed calls from my mother. That was a big wake up call, better than splashing cold water, and the sleep and anger within me was immediately replaced by fear. My Mom was very over-bearing sometimes and a big worry freak. She probably thought I was dying. I sighed as I called her back.      

            "Hello? Sweetie? Are you okay?" Her urgent and concerned soft tone rushed through my ear after the first ring.

            "I am fine, Mom. Don't need to worry." I sighed into the phone, slightly upset that i had to wake up early because of her. But she was my Mom. Gotta love it right?

            "I thought that you were hurt, you weren't answering any of my calls." The worry and concern still hadn't left her voice and it probably wouldn't leave until she saw me again.

"That's because it's only 5:30 in the morning and I was sleeping. Did you forget there is different time zones in Paris, Mom?" I asked as I got up from my bed. My mom was a very smart person but tended to forget the small things. Like the fact that I was 21 turning 22, not 15. Or the fact that I was capable of taking care of myself for a day and didn't need her checking on me every hour. Five o' freaking clock.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. Do you want to go back to sleep. I'm so sorry for waking you up."

"It's fine, I was going to get up anyway." I was lying but she didn't need to know that.

"Ok, good. Have you had to take any recent trips to the hospital lately? Are you ok?" My face immediately felt warm, as I moved my way to the bathroom, from my mom's words. It was an embarrassing fact that you frequently had to go to the hospital, thirty times in total, because of an injury Blaze or Mayne gave you. It was also embarrassing when all those injuries could have been avoided if you just kept your mouth shut. Or your dick separate from your brain. But I could never do that.

"No, Mom. I haven't."

"Oh good, that means you have been good. Well, your father is trying to get me to do something so I'll have to call you later. Bye, Honey!" I grimaced and was thankful she couldn't see my face. What my father wanted her to do was probably sexual and I really didn't want to hear about it or know about it. I didn't understand how all of our parents could still have a sex drive at their age. They were almost fifty it was time to take a break. A century long break.

After my Mom hung up to do the dirty I went and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before going down stairs. Since it was so early in the morning I assumed everyone was going to be sleeping so I was going to take a run around the neighborhood for an hour. But when I got downstairs I saw someone else. And that someone else was doing something they knew they weren't supposed to.

My eyes narrowed on whom I knew was Blaze and I didn't even need her to turn around to know what she was doing. My jar of Reece's Pieces Oreos were in front of the thief and I knew for a fact she was eating them. Blaze was the only person in this whole house who always dared to eat my special cookies. They were limited Edition and were only going to be here for a short time and still she managed to eat all of them before I could.

I snuck up behind her quietly; she probably couldn't hear me behind the crunching of her chewing. Quickly I wrapped my arm around her waist and one hand was placed over her mouth. Blaze was in the midst of chewing and could have probably choked but I didn't really care. She would have deserved it. "Spit it out. Now!" I demanded, taking my hand from covering her mouth to hovering under it. She shook her head and I could still hear her chewing and swallowing. "You sneaky thing! Spit out my cookies!"