Part Three

Will’s arm is still draped across my stomach when I wake and I’m not sure how he’ll feel about this, so I slowly slide out of bed and pick up my bag from the floor before slipping out the front door quickly.

His friends came through, because his black escalade sits in the lot. It’s unlocked so I pull my bike out and peddle home.

Miles is walking out the front door when I ride up. I toss my bike on the ground and tackle him in a hug when he steps off the bottom step. “I’m sorry,” I blurt out.

“God, Anne, you had me scared to death.”

“You were right; I just needed to calm down.” I pull out of the hug and stare at him.

“I know. Where did you stay?”

“Will’s. I need coffee, so I’ll see you in a bit. Can we go out for dinner?”

“Chinese takeout?” he suggests.

“Perfect. See you later.” I hop on my bike after throwing my backpack in the front door and ride down to the coffee shop. Miles and I are okay, Will and I aren’t fighting and I actually found some details about him; things are good.

I sit on the stool in the coffee shop next to the big window, enjoying being alone with just my frappe. The leaves fall from the small tree outside, reminding me it’s still autumn. The bell on the door rings when someone walks in and then an arm covered in tattoos is on my table. It takes me a minute to finally meet his blue eyes.

“Hey Anne,” Danny says casually.

“Hey,” I reply.

“Sorry about last night. He has the worst timing; so, do you want to go out for lunch?”

“Today?”

“Or dinner.”

“I have dinner plans, but what ab-” My eyes land on Will storming in the door wearing a white t-shirt and jeans with his hair pulled back in a maroon beanie. He slams his fist on the table, making me jump a little.

“You left me this morning,” he states.

“Um…”

“I woke up to an empty bed.” He finally looks at Danny. “You left me to meet him?”

“No, I just ran into him,” I defend.

“Chill man, you’re not dating her,” Danny says.

“Go away,” Will grumbles.

“I’m trying to ask a lady out,” he informs Will.

Will straightens his shoulders and focuses his glare on Danny. The night he pinned Matt against the wall floods my mind and I know these two both have a record of fighting and I refuse to let that happen here.

“Danny-”

“Actually, we are dating,” Will says and I’m so shocked I fall off my stool.

“You don’t date,” Danny says.

“I do now, so back off,” he growls and grabs my hand, pulling me along and out of the building. Without my permission he grabs my bike and pushes it down the sidewalk.

“Are we going to talk about this?” I ask.

“No,” he huffs.

“Thought you don’t get jealous,” I mumble.

He stops and swings around to face me with a glare but when I raise my eyebrow and smirk it catches him off guard, because I’ve picked up that most people are afraid of him when he gets irritated, but he just gets frustrated now. “Um, I-I wasn’t jealous. He’s just not a good guy.”