THREE: Magazines

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

I kicked my feet around aimlessly as I was laying on my bed, an ice pack laying under my stomach on the forming bruise from yesterday. I was reading a book I had recently gotten at the school library, our family cat, Tango, curled up in a ball by my side.

We had adopted our cat a year ago from a local shelter when he was just a tiny kitten. Connie and I begged for a cat for awhile and our dad finally caved in, allowing us to adopt a cat. I got to pick out which cat we were going to take home while Connie picked out the name and I was satisfied to finally have a furry friend by my side.

When I first saw our cat, I knew he was going to be the one, I instantly fell in love with the little mischievous orange fur ball. I didn't really like the name Tango at first, but it eventually grew on me. Plus, Tango likes to be on the move and prance around so I think he fits his name perfectly.

After I lifted my reading glasses further up my nose I flipped a page in my book, Tango rubbed his head up against my arm, trying to get my full attention. I was trying to concentrate on the words printed on the paper but my cat kept bumping his head against my arm.

I put my book down in defeat, "What do you want, Tango?" I asked, looking at orange fur ball in curiosity.

He let out a quiet meow, staring back up at me. I smiled at the kitten, sitting up and pulling him into my lap beginning to scratch his tummy, I knew it was his favorite spot. Tango began to purr against me and stretched out his body, enjoying his scratches.

"You like that huh, Tango?" I asked while scratching his tummy more.

"Kimmy, Charlie's on the phone for you!" Connie shouted from downstairs, making me look up from Tango.

I glanced down at Tango apologetically, "Sorry, bud," I said before placing him back onto my bed and racing downstairs to the phone. Connie handed me the phone and I took it eagerly, excited to hear my best friend.

"Hey, Cheerio!" I greeted happily, hearing a slight shuffle from the other end of the phone.

Charlie let out a little laugh, "Hey, Fruitloop. I was wondering if you wanna come hang out with me and the guys today? You can ask Con if she wants to come, too." He asked.

"Yeah sure, just let me get ready and I'll ask." I replied.

"Okay, we'll pick you up in 30 minutes, maybe less, we're not that good with time," I giggled, of course they weren't. "Is that okay with you?" Charlie asked.