Run Away

Comment and Vote!

xoxo 

Broken_girl 

Ava's intestines turned as John spoke her name.  Her sudden ambition and bravery drained from her body as she realized what she had done. She wasn't ready. It was all happening too fast. He was right there in front of her. Slowly she was pushing the man she called 'Daddy' farther away from her. Suddenly she didn't want to know; she was afraid of the answer, afraid that it wouldn't be the one she had hoped for. Too many things were changing in her life, she couldn't bare anymore, she wanted her old life, she wanted things to be easy again. 

She took a hesitant step back from John. "I-I'm sorry... I c-can't." John's face moulded to a sad expression. He reached for, as he did Ava scampered back from him. "I-I have t-to go." 

She was off the steps and briskly pacing across the lawn, but John didn't stay on the porch, he followed her. "Wait, wait! Please, you have no idea how long I've been wanting to meet you." 

Her steps quickened into a run as he drew closer, his arms reaching to catch her. She shouldn't have come. This was all a mistake. Her feet connected with the sidewalk and she fought back a groan as she literally ran away from the truth and back toward the fake world that had been created around her. 

John called to her one more time before she was out of sight. "Please, don't leave!" 

But Ava had no desire to turn around. 

*  *  * 

She kept running. Even when she knew John was no longer following her. Nothing could stop her. Eventually she wasn't sure why she was running anymore; but her feet didn't stop. Ava felt like Forest Gump, just running without a reason. She almost laughed the more she thought about it, she fantasized about how skinny she would be if she ran as long as he did, she wondered if he had eaten at all during all the running; the movie never showed it. As for herself, Ava was getting hungry, but she wouldn't go home. No. Not to her cheating and lying mother. She wouldn't go to Madison's house nor to Damian's. She was alone. 

It was an alien feeling to her since her father's accident. She'd been alone most of her life, her peers had never accepted her and as far as the non-existent relationship between her and Julianne, she only ever had Martin. But even with Martin no longer being a part of her active home life she had kept herself busy with investigating into the web of lies that encircled her life. Now she had none of that; it was just her. 

Finally when Ava felt as if the the blisters on her feet had broke open she stopped. Her breathing was ragged and uneven and she felt as though her heart was beating so fast it would either stop altogether or explode into her ribs. Her leaned her back against the nearest tree in the park afraid that she would collapse without it. A grumble left her empty stomach. 

Food. Her body moaned at the thought of a cheeseburger, chocolate bar or a cupcake. God how she loved the food everyone said was 'unhealthy.' So what. Why enjoy eating if there's no real satisfaction. Her stomach snarled again to hush her thoughts of delicious indulgence. 

Lunch hadn't lasted long once she started her Forest Gump like marathon. She rested her head against the rough tree bark. It was dark and she should have been home hours ago. Her mother was going to freak but Ava no longer cared about her mother, something inside her told her that Julianne deserved to be afraid. That Julianne deserved to be punished and feel the repercussions of her deceit. 

When her stomach signalled for the third time that she was running on empty Ava pushed off from the tree, this time walking, to anywhere that would have something her mother wouldn't dare touch. She patted her pockets and found three dollars and thirty-six cents change. With her budget in mind a chocolate bar would have to do.