fAt girl and the b*tch

lright Lovelies!! Update Time!

**Warning** There is some course language in this chapter. (Hence the title, I apologize to my fragile flower readers out there)

Enjoy!

For the third time that morning Ava's plump fist slammed down on the snooze button. Her eyes remained shut, protesting against her brains rationing that it was time to get up. She sat up with her eyes still closed and stretched her arms. Her eyes flickered open, closed, and open again. The light peaking in through to curtains felt like daggers on her retina. A lengthy groan left her lips as she stood from the bed and made her way to the closet. Her hands ran along the fabric of the shirts as she yanked them aside. No. No. Not that one. Ugh. She pushed the shirt out of the way. The next one didn't do anything for her either. Her eyes landed on that horrible shirt her mother had insisted she wear a few weeks before, frustrated she ripped the shirt from the hanger and threw it into the corner of the closet floor.

She settled on a simple grey t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Her signature hoodie hung on the back of the door, she snagged it on the way out and slipped it on as she entered the bathroom. Dark circles hung under her eyes, her tired bloodshot eyes, she pushed the skin around them and examined her face closer. She looked... Old. Not senior citizen by any means, but she looked older than she had a few weeks before. With that she applied some simple makeup and shrugged at her curly hair that seemed to be sticking out in every direction.

Her mother was in the kitchen for a change. She hovered over the stove taking in the mouthwatering aroma coming from the frying pan. Her and Ava exchanged weak smiles as Ava entered the room. Julianne set a fresh plate of pancakes down in front of Ava kissed her forehead and headed for the front door. "I'm off to work, have a good day at school!"

Ava reassured her that she would but internally she wasn't convinced.

* * *

Madison was sitting at the bus stop in her usual spot with a textbook in her lap. Her eyes flicked to Ava as she sat down next to her. The air between them was tense, Ava turned to stare off into the distance, silently praying the bus would show up to save her from Madison's wrath.

"So." Madison started with a breathy huff. "I heard you went missing the other day."

Ava spun to meet her gaze. She nodded slowly. "Yea. These last few weeks have been rough."

"Did your mom totally overreact as usual?"

The question stunned Ava. Her mouth hung open as she tried to form an answer. Madison had never once understood before how Julianne had made Ava feel. Madison didn't know the struggle of being fAt girl. Madison didn't seem to pay attention to anything other than herself or her boyfriend. Ava nodded again. "Yea she did... But the whole thing kinda brought us to an understanding."

Madison gave a weak smile at that and shifted so she was closer to Ava. "Guess what?"

"What?" Ava sighed still unsure of how much trust she should spare her used-to-be best friend.

Madison laughed almost dropping her text book to the ground. Her giggle fit continued so long that Ava let out her own small chuckle as the tears rolled down Madison's face. The two sat in their moment of humorous hysteria a beat longer before Ava demanded to know what was so funny.

Between fading giggles Madison managed to squeak out: "Whenever I said 'guess what' you would always reply with something like: 'did Krista Evans get hit by a bus.'"

Ava's mouth gaped open. A small pang of guilt washed over her as she realized that she had wished for exactly that to happen to Krista. "Did she?!"