The Attic

Okay, firstly I know its late. Secondly I'm sorry its so short. Been busy plus I wanted a little bit of suspense. I hope you like it. I was feeling a little evil while writing this ;) so I decided to torture my main charecter abit ;) heehee. Anyhow comment and rate I love you guys!! :) ill try to update soon, school's just been hectic lately. Plus social life and all the stuff lol

Your's truely

Broken_girl 3

The next day Ava pulled her exhausted body from her bed. She had purposely not gotten up earlier to catch the bus. Her mother had understood completely and had agreed to let Ava stay home. The only reason she was getting up now was because her stomach kept growling. She gave into it and dressed herself then ran down to the kitchen. She stuck her head in the refrigerator and glanced around. Finally she settled on a sandwich, as she began pulling all the ingredients out and setting them down on the counter she noticed the list of the fridge door. Instantly she remembered the attic and her curiosity as to why her mother wanted her father to clean it. She wasn't sure she wanted to go up to the attic; god only knows what's up there. She contemplated the pros and cons for a little while then came to her decision. Instantly Ava was wheeling around corners of her house. She came to the living room and stared at her target, scooting to a stop. Her mother's favorite painting.

Ava really didn't like the painting. It was a too oversized in her opinion; she also didn't understand how a painting of a peach could be worth so much money. Ava slid her hand in behind the painting being careful not to knock it out of place, or worse; off its hook. Finally her fingers grazed the tiny key. She raced through the house climbing every step, growing more impatient and anxious. There was such a thrill about the small mystery of the attic. As far as Ava knew nobody had been in the attic for years.

Ava had reached the door, the one that lead to the attic. She hesitantly stuck the key into the old knob with shaky hands. She gave it a quick crank and the door swung open with an eerie squeal. Ava felt like there were spiders crawling down her back as she took a weary step into the attic. When she was far enough in the room her jaw dropped. All she could see was the outline of a couch under an old sheet; that was covered in dust and a trunk. Sure there were a few things up on the shelves on the wall, but they weren't very interesting. Just some old pictures and a small clock that had stopped ticking a long while ago. Ava peered around the room again. How on earth was her father supposed to clean this? There was dust on everything. By the time he finished the whole he'd probably have to start all over again. But how would her mother knew that the attic was so dusty? She would have had to come up there recently. None of this really made sense to Ava. Really there was no point to come up here. Unless... She turned her attention to the couch; she ran over to it and threw the sheet back. She let out a groan as she saw that it was just a regular couch. She replaced the sheet and stared at the trunk.

It was old. Really ancient, probably was her grandparents. She walked over to it and sat in front of it. She touched the brass clasp on the front and began to open it. With a mighty shove she lifted the lid. She peered inside with wondered eyes. All she could see was a bunch of papers. Her hands took over and reached inside. Snatching up the papers her eyes scanned over them. Some were love letters written from her mother to a man named John. Her hands rummage through the papers. Suddenly something caught her eye,

A birth certificate. It was hers. She stared at her mother names, as her eyes darted towards her father she could feel her heart race. But the name printed there wasn't her fathers. Right where it was supposed to say Martin Roberts it said: John Greendale.

Who was John Greendale?! And why was his name written on her birth certificate?!

Ava's pocket buzzed. Then again. And again. She reached down and pulled it out then placing it against her ear. "Hello?"

"Ava!" Julianne Roberts screamed. "Ava it's a miracle! A miracle! He's awake!"

Ava was still in too much shock to neither register nor comprehend what her mother was rambling on about. She shook her head trying to understand. "What?"

Julianne was huffing. "He's awake! Your father is awake!"

Ava pulled the cell phone away from her ear and hit the end button. Her mother voice faded from her ears but her words were forever implanted in Ava's skull.