Brain Activity

********* Hey readers!! Alrighty so here we are with another chapter :D It's a cliffhanger sorry. Hope you like and thanks so much for the comments and feedback! Woohoo! you guys rule and i live ya'll to bits <3 okay well i won't keep you any longer. Go on and read!!! Thanks :)

Yours truely,

Broken_girl </3*******

Ava's eyes flickered open to view the ceiling. The sun was already shining through the small slit in her curtains on her window. She could hear the sounds of birds chirping in the tree. She smelt the fresh scent of coffee, wafting up to her room from the kitchen. Her mother was home and actually being productive, she realized this after a displeasing bleach smell flew up her nose. Today was going to be a good day. Ava turned her curly head to look at her alarm clock. It took her mind a few moments to register what time it was and when she did she squealed and flung the mangled sheets off her body.

She flew to the closet and rapidly searched through the mounds of clothes. She grabbed a pair of jeans with holes in the knees and a large pull over sweatshirt. She ran into the bathroom, now knowing there was no time to shower. Her curly main had decided to be impossible this morning. So she pulled it back into a messy bun. She slopped on a little eyeliner and mascara and pulled on the clothes she had picked out.

Ava raced out the door and down the block, fighting time to get to the bus stop. She kept running though. Her mind raced right along side her feet. She knew that today, Damian and Bret would not be on the bus, neither would they be at school for that matter. Ava was free from Bret's wrath, and she couldn't be more excited about it. Ava slowed her pace as she rounded the corner and slammed into a dead halt as she saw who was standing at the bus stop. Madison. Ava sucked in a deep breath. She had forgotten all about Madison until now. She gritted her teeth and kept up her steady pace. Madison turned her head and glanced at Ava; knowing all along that she would see her best friend this morning.

Ava filled her lungs once again with rich air. She exhaled and repeated. "So, why weren't you at school yesterday?"

Madison turned back to Ava; she curled her lip in disgust and narrowed her eyes. She turned away, unresponsive. Ava poked her shoulder lightly. Madison was still as a statue. Ava poked her again, applying a little more force. Still no response. Finally Ava jammed her finger into Madison's shoulder. Madison flinched and spun to face Ava.

"What do you care?" She sneered, her lips curling once again with disgust. She smacked Ava's hand away from her and glared.

Ava stepped back, with a look of surprise. She didn't understand how Madison could be so angry with her. Ava hadn't done anything wrong. She had simply confronted Madison about her lack of effort to defend Ava. "You're my friend. Doesn't that count for something?"

Madison snorted and shoved Ava's shoulder. She shook her head and the glare returned to her eyes. "As far as I'm concerned; we are not friends," Madison took a deep breath; her anger was building under her skin. "The only reason we were friends in the first place is because I felt sorry for you. You were friendless and nobody liked you. Why would somebody want to be your friend?"

Madison's words stuck Ava right in the heart. Ava could feel he tears brimming in her eyes. But she would not cry that would only give Madison more power. Ava turned away, and saw the bus driving towards them. Ava looked over at Madison one last time and glared. Ava climbed onto the bus and forgot all about Madison. She wasn't going to let those words play over in her head. Not today.

Ava struggled to pay attention during math class. Eventually she stopped doing her work and began doodling around the outside edge of her lined paper. She drew spirals, happy faces, and hearts with arrows through them and wrote one single word. 'Damian.' It was the only thing on her mind that morning. She hadn't been able to stop thinking about the hours of intrigued conversation they had the night before. Ava was so deeply lost in thought she hadn't even heard the classroom phone ring. Suddenly the teacher tapped on her shoulder. She jumped and her heart skipped a beat.