十四

Can we talk? Taehyung texts Freya two days later as he's sitting in a lecture. The professor is giving instructions on some paper due in two weeks, but its nothing more than a muffled noise in Taehyung's ears. All he can think about is Freya and Jungkook and Irene and the shit of a mess he's in right now.

His phone buzzes minutes later. in class right now. meet for lunch?

This is how Taehyung and Freya end up sitting together in the campus cafeteria at noon. Taehyung watches her with silent adoration as she slurps her ramen hastily, freezing mid-bite when she notices him staring, half a strand of ramen still dangling from her lips. "What? I'm hungry."

He chuckles for the first time in her presence, nodding and proceeding to eat his own lunch. It's prime lunch hour at UCLA, and he wonders for a brief moment whether the two of then look like a college couple in the eyes of others.

He finds himself staring at Freya subconsciously as they eat, because who would've thought the two of them would be eating together like this, both of them knowing the truth and not afraid to face it head on? Taehyung notices the little habits of hers that are all so familiar to him, like the way she licks her lips after every bite and the way her cheeks get red when she eats spicy foods.

"So," Freya says, throwing him out of his trance. "You wanted to talk."

"Yeah." he replies, "I guess, about where things go from here."

"Where do you want things to go?" she asks him, sincere eyes boring into his. "It's your life, Taehyung. You can make your own decisions."

"I want... I want to be with you. And I want Jungkook to forgive me, and I want Irene to be happy." he says, even though Freya probably doesn't understand. Still, she nods. "I can choose to make myself happy, or I can choose to make everyone else happy. And either way, I'm going to regret my decision."

"You should talk to Jungkook. In the short time I got to know him, I've learned that under that strong build and tall frame of his, he's really soft-hearted. And you if two are best friends, he's going to forgive you."

"That's what everyone tells me. But he seems really pissed off this time, and I'm scared -"

"You told him about this -- curse I have, right? Then he must know that you can't do anything about who I fall in love with."

"He knows. He just can't accept it. I thought it might be better if you dated Jungkook because he likes you so so much and if you should like anyone, it should be him. But I just broke him instead."

"I'll talk to him. And you talk to him, too. I believe he'll come around." she says, her voice so convincing Taehyung almost believes that it will happen.

"And. You."

"Me." she breathes.

For the first time, it is Taehyung who reaches out to her, touching her hand gingerly and holding them in his. It's oddly intimate despite the bustling activity in the room, and he knows Freya can sense it too. "Is this okay?"

"Yes." She whispers. "No kissing?"

"No kissing."

"Okay."

----

there's supposed be a second part to this chapter but i cant get myself to finish writing it so i decided to publish this (awful filler) part first. 

sorry i've been really down lately and crying a lot so please bear with me :'( 

ALSO if anyone has a good idea as to how this story should end, please message me! i have major writers block and have no idea about this ending ...