十五

Taehyung decides to take Freya out on a proper first date. He's never been a major romantic, usually preferring to enjoy little moments together like watching a movie or late night chats, but he decides that this lifetime's Taehyung would spice things up a bit and take Freya out to the one restaurant he and Jungkook have always been wanting to try.

When he rings her up, she still seems flustered at the sound of his voice. Taehyung smiles to himself. "Hey."

"Taehyung, hi." she sounds out of breath, and he can hear her feet shuffling. "God, where did I put that comb? Sorry, I forgot to set my alarm last night and I'm definitely paying for it right now. My class starts in ten minutes and I am still in my stupid bunny pajamas."

Taehyung laughs at her comment, imagining Freya with disheveled hair and bunny pajamas in search of her comb. The thought is so absolutely endearing that he wonders whether he could smile any wider than he is right now. "I can call you back? If you want - "

"No!" she says a bit too hurriedly, "I mean, no, it's okay. What did you want to say?"

"I was going to ask if you wanted to have dinner with me." he says, but it sounds more like a question as he trails off. It's been too long since he's asked anyone out, and the unfamiliarity of it all sends tingles down his spine. "It's been a really long time since I've been able to ask you on a date."

"Oh." Freya says, in realization of how far they've actually come in this relationship. "Well, I'd love to. Where are we going?"

"Don't worry, you're going to love it."

------

When Freya steps out of her apartment clad in a blue dress that hangs ever so elegantly off her shoulders, Taehyung finds himself suddenly overwhelmed. She is beautiful and happy and here with him. He watches as she climbs into his car, offering him a shy smile in greeting.

"What?" she asks, eyes finding his in the dark of the car.

"I never thought we'd be here today, like this." he breathes. "I'm glad you're alive, Frey."

The drive to the restaurant is quiet but comfortable, the sounds of LA traffic and the soft hum of the radio filling the car. Freya's eyes widen when they pull into the parking lot, and she turns to face Taehyung.

"Taehyung."

"Mm?"

"Isn't this a little too..."

Taehyung's eyes scan her face, suddenly alarmed. "Too what?"

Freya shrugs. "I don't know...too fancy? We're two broke college students, and this is a place where a side salad costs me a day's salary at work."

At this, Taehyung sighs in relief. He grins, climbing out the car and gaining the courage to hold her hand as they walk in together. "Sure, it's fancy. But it's special, and I want this first date to be memorable."

The waitress seats the two of them in a corner of the restaurant, away from the hustle and bustle of the kitchen and the live band playing. The candle casts dancing specks of light on Freya's collarbones, and Taehyung finds his eyes moving aimlessly along with the flickers.

"I still can't believe you told me you loved me while I was drunk." Freya laughs, eyes forming little crescents as she looks at him. "And just so you don't think I pretended to be drunk so I could sleep at your apartment, I really did have a couple shots too many that night."

"To my defense, that was my first encounter with you. Of course I was going to treat it as my last and say everything I wanted while you were out. You know, in case I didn't get another chance."

"Can you say it to me again?"

"What?"

She looks at him through earnest eyes, teeth tugging on her bottom lip, head cocked ever so slightly. Taehyung wishes he could snap a polaroid shot of her like this. "You know..."

"I love you." he says. It's nothing more than a murmur in the loud room, but Freya hears it like a thousand crashing waves. 

------------

guess who finally updated it's been so long i feel like you all lost interest already 

i'll try to end this story sometime soon

anyways i love you and hope everyone's having a great day ^.^