betrayed before trust

Akila's pov

After the roar sounded through the castle Rashmi left. She said she would return soon and gave me one warning. Do not wander to the west wing. She looked worried when she said that and I felt inclined to listen to her if it had not been for that she went there for herself. Now I just had to go and see what was in there. Before I left I stopped in the dining hall and ate breakfast. I didn't want to die in an unknown place without eating first. I'm not an idiot. I ate French toast, my favorite by the way, and headed to the west wing after Rashmi. I bet she knows about the beast from last night because really, who hears some ferocious sound and goes toward it like its nothing.... Ok other than those crazy reporters you see on the tv. I headed up the stairs after Rashmi and found a dark hallway. None of the candles flickered on and all the windows were boarded up. Frankly, it was dark.

I walked deep down the hallway feeling my way through and listening for anything that could be of help. The hall soon split and I was left with a choice of going right or left. I chose left. As I walked I saw a door slightly open with light flickering through. probably a candle. Yep just one. I bet that's my destination. I crept forward and looked into the room and saw it empty. I opened the door further and walked in. It was wonderful and something that I have never seen before. The light I saw was no candle. No, the room held the universe. The stars burned brightly in the room and little round things floated through the sky. Some had rings around them and others were just beautiful colors. I loved it. After I calmed down from my high, I wondered what the other rooms held. I left the room and went further down the hall only hear a voice. It was smooth as silk and I knew it was Rashmi's. Only she could sound so beautiful.

I looked into this room to see her kneeling before a dark figure. Her head was bowed as she coward before this creature. With all of this her words were what shocked me the most.

"The girl is safe. I stayed with her as you instructed. She seems to like contact for comfort but I fear she is as stupid as you thought before." She thought that I was stupid. Was Rashmi using me all this time, just following orders from the dark figure. I was nothing to her. Besides the beast and the dark figure, there were other monsters here. The kind that could disguise themselves as your friend and looked human. This monster was Rashmi. She was only there for her own benefit.

The dark figure seemed unmoved for a long moment before it nodded. "I am pleased, my love," The dark heavy voice matched the figure perfectly. It sounded deep and it reverberated through my whole being and sent shivers down my spine as fear took hold. If I thought before that the beast was scary, oh my. I'd take that beast ten times over than this thing. The figure motioned for Rashmi and she went forward. She walked up to the hooded figure and it drew her forward and gave her a kiss. An agonizing long kiss. I heard Rashmi moan as she pushed her body closer to the figure. I was scarred. I watched as the figure began to ride up Rashmi's shirt and pull down her skirt. I couldn't watch any further. I turned and ran back to the east wing,