Chapter 2 : An awkward meeting

Sidra linked her arm around her mother's arm and looked around the shops, window shopping.

'Nothing interesting.'

They stepped on the escalator as they headed to the third floor. A shop with elegant and beautiful dresses caught her attention as she dragged her mother to the shop. The salesgirl showed them dresses with different styles and patterns which were so beautiful that she was confused which to select. She finally selected a few of them with amazing colour combinations and elegant designs as they headed to make the payment and with a huge grin spread across her face, she walked out of the shop, admiring the shopping bags in her hand.

While her mother was busy selecting saree for herself, she excused herself and headed to Forever 21. She was just soo in love with their modern yet modest collection.

She started with the left aisle as she looked around and noticing only females, decided to remove her Niqaab. She randomly walked to different aisle checking the new collection. Everything was so beautiful that she felt buying it all but she couldn't.

She grabbed a long maxi skirt which had this amazing design of small flowers in different colours. She held it in her hand as she went checking all the other designs as well. Walking till the end and checking everything, she had 2 maxi skirts and 5 long full-sleeve tops in her hand, all amazing with their variant and beautiful designs.

She was heading to the counter to make the payment when she halted in her steps and walked back to the aisle from where she was passing. She was awestruck at a cardigan which was white in colour and had navy blue colour flowers that made a flowy design begining from the end and moving upto the waistline. The sleeves had same pattern with same navy blue colour flowers.

'Pretty!'

She grabbed that as well and headed to make the payment.

"Ma'am." She turned around when she felt someone calling her.

"I'm so sorry ma'am. That cardigan is already sold. Sorry I placed it back by mistake." The salesgirl spoke pointing at the cardigan as her face fell. She handed it back to her, half heartedly.

"No worry. Do you have another exact like this?" She asked as she looked at the salesgirl with hopeful eyes but she shook her head in no.

"Can you tell me who bought it?" Sidra questioned her to which she pointed at a lady standing in a corner with a girl who was busy in rummaging through the clothes.

'Is there any chance that she will let me have it?' Sidra thought to herself as she made her way to the lady.

"Excuse me." She called out, standing behind her. Both of them turned to her and Sidra found herself shocked when the lady engulfed her in a hug.

"Oh my Allah! It's really you Sidra." The lady exclaimed. The clothes in Sidra's hand made the hug uncomfortable for her. She looked at the girl who stood beside the lady and both their expressions were the same of confusion.

The lady abrubtly broke the hug and pulled back, as Sidra noticed a flash of horror in her eyes as if she remembered something but she quickly masked her expressions, leaving Sidra in confusion as her forehead wrinkled.

'What's happening?' Sidra asked herself.

"Masha Allah Sidra, you have grown into a beautiful girl." The lady spoke, making her even more confuse as Sidra looked at her face and saw her glassy eyes. She scrunched her eyebrows at the lady's behaviour.

'Why will this lady be this happy to meet me??' Sidra thought.

"You didn't recognise me right?" The lady's statement came out as if she was assuring herself, her demeanor looked uneasy.