Chapter 3 : A Proposal?!

Waking up at 5 in the morning, Sidra hurried to the bathroom to take a shower. When she was done, she wore a dark blue coloured kurti matching it with a white coloured patyala salwar and drying her hairs she tied them in a ponytail as she headed to the bathroom to make her wudu.

She offered her fajr salah and then headed to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. As much as she enjoyed cooking, but she never was a morning person so her mother usually made breakfast but it was one of those days where felt like doing it herself. Getting the breakfast ready and placing the dishes on the dining table she headed to her parents room to call her mother who was busy in reciting Quran. She thought it best to not disturb her and silently retrieved her steps and headed back to the kitchen.

Her mother entered a few moments later and Sidra gave her a smile.

"Assalamualaikum Ammi." Sidra greeted.

"Walaikum Assalam beta." Her mother greeted back, taking a seat to her left.

"Where is Abbu?" Sidra asked.

"He is in the study working on a presentation." Her mother answered as she took another bite of her food.

"Ok ammi I'm done with my breakfast I'll get going or else I'll get late for lecture. Say my salam to abbu. Allah hafiz." She spoke and quickly giving her mother a kiss, hurried out tying her niqab on her way out.

On reaching college, she found her friend Ishrat waiting for her in the foyer, her eyes narrowed at Sidra for being late. She apologised a several times before they both headed to their classes.

Sidra felt she would die of boredom and the lecturer wasn't making it any helpful. She wanted to close her eyes and take a nap but seated on the second bench, she couldn't do so. She finally took in a deep breath of relief when finally all the leactures were over as Ishrat gave her a ride back home and she couldn't be more thankful for having her as a friend. She left out an exhausted sigh when she reached home, nearly in evening.

"Assalamualaikum ammi. I'm home." She greeted aloud, as she entered.

"Walaikum Assalam Sidra. Go get freshen up I'll bring your snacks." Her mother spoke coming out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on the apron.

"Not feeling hungry ammi. I'll just get freshen up then I'll help you with the preparations for tonight." She spoke as she made a face and started taking steps to her room when her mother's voice stopped her.

"How many times to tell you Sidra not to neglect yourself. You have to eat something or else I won't allow you to help me with anything."

"Ok ammi fine. I'll eat. Happy?" She held her hands up in surrender.

"Very much."

Heading to her room, she changed into some casual clothes before she offered her Asr salah and took the Quran to recite. As she finished her recitation, she made her way to the kitchen to have her evening snacks together with her mother, spending some time with her where she was sharing her childhood stories of her and Rukaiyya's friendship.

After they had offered their Maghrib salah, they began with the preparation for the dinner, as her mother made her cook Chicken Biryani while she made Mutton Korma and salad. Once she was done, she made her way to her room to freshen up. She was almost done when she heard the doorbell ring as she quickly headed downstairs where her mother's friend Rukaiyya was sitting chatting with her mother and beside her sat her daughter Aaniya.

She greeted them to make her presence known and they both greeted back as she headed to take a seat beside her mother on the couch, seating opposite to the lady.