Chapter 4: Mr. Ruthless

"Get this thing done right now. No excuse will do. Complete this today itself. I don't want any further delay. Am I making myself clear ?" Nabil shouted at one of his employee who was standing in front of him, fear written all over his face.

"S..i.r  b.u..t  i...t's  alr..e.ad..y  le..av...ing  ti.m.."

"I said right now means Right Now. Can't you hear me? Stay late till the preparation gets over. I want this done today itself." He shouted cutting him mid - sentence.

"O..k ..s..i..r"

"Now get lost."

To get things done from the employees was a bit difficult when office hours were over but Nabil knew very well to handle them. He didn't cared what his employees thought of him and neither he wanted to know.He pretended to be a heartless person but deep down he himself knew he was doing wrong to himself by being to careless towards his own self.

Sitting in his office, getting irritated over the fact that his mother fixed his marriage with her best friend's daughter, he was snapping at anyone and everyone which was unlike his usual self. He was raking his mind to understand what his mother was trying to do by fixing his marriage when she clearly knew about everything, and that thought was making him more agitated.

When she called him yesterday to ask him about his whereabouts, she told me about all the marriage thing. Listening to her, he was beyond frustrated as his blood boiled in anger. No freaking way he going to marry this girl, he thought. Marriage with any random girl whom he don't even know and that too within the end of this month was out of the blue for him and he couldn't bring himself to agree to it.

'Everything had been decided including the dates and they didn't even asked whether I agree or not?' Nabil exclaimed, running a hand through his hairs making them messy.

His mother just ordered him to com to Mumbai and at that moment his jaw had dropped open in shock for it was his wedding and he didn't had any say in it. He wanted to call off the wedding but he loved his mother way too much to disobey her.

"It's my wedding for Allah's sake! Shouldn't I get any say in it!" He was frustrated beyong limits. He thought his mother shouldn't have taken such a big decision of his life without even asking him.

'Would you have agreed if she had asked you? No! She knew better.' His conscience mocked.

"Whatever! But she should have asked me!" He thought.

He was interrupted in the fight with his conscience with a knock on the door as his nose flared on the intrusion. He wasn't in the mood to meet anyone so he ordered to leave but the door opened nonetheless and in came Ashar, the only person who had the guts to disturb him. Ashar and Nabil had been friends since their college days. Asher was the only one who can calm him down.

Ashar took a seat in front of Nabil after giving him one of those manly hugs. Nabil sensed there was something which he wanted to talk about or else he wouldn't be playing with the pen kept on the desk as Nabil felt he was trying to get a correct word to start the conversation.

"So what's the plan?" Asher questioned, as Nabil immediately sensed that his mother had told Asher to talk with him and get him to agree to the marriage.

"Plan?" Nabil questioned back.

"Ok I'll come straight to the point." Asher spoke as he sighed and Nabil saw him take a deep breath before starting what he wanted to say. "So..I know you were not asked about your wedding, but the girl is your moms best friend's daughter." Asher put forth, trying to make him understand.

Nabil just stared at him blankly as he noticed the way Asher wanted to convince him. "You can't convince me because I'm not as pitiful, I won't accept it as easily." Nabil shot back.

He respected his mother alot but this wasn't something that he could ever pretend to be happy about. He felt the girl should have been the one to object, if his mother and her friend decided it, but she just went along, so she should be ready for what ever happens in the future.

All those thoughts rushing through his mind made his head pain a little. It had been a long time since he had been stressed about anything.

Ashar was still sitting there thinking of a way to get him to agree "You really don't need to do this Asher!" Nabil sighed. "I might not care about the girl or her mother but I respect my mother and even though I'll do what I want, I won't disrespect my mother's wishes." He assured.

Ashar kind of looked happy but that wasn't what Nabil wanted to see. He saw him as a brother and he was supposed to be on Nabil's side and that was just wrong that he had to get married to a girl who most probably won't even measure up to half of his standards, Nabil felt but kept silent.

Each thought of how it was wrong was cut by his mother's face flashing before his eyes "Ashar, tell me, really you know this is wrong. Alot has changed since my mother's time. We don't do arrange marriages anymore and especially with a girl whom you don't even know."

Ashar had his agreement written all over his face but he understood that pushing him in a corner wa just useless. He had enough. He walked to the window at the corner of his office. The full wall window had a stunning view of the city, one of the many perks. Looking at Ashar's reflection in the window, he pitied his situation. It was clear that he couldn't choose either side.

Nabil walked back to him and he stood up as well. "I appreciate what you tried to do, I really do and thanks for trying but I'll sort this out myself and I won't make any mistakes but nonetheless you did the right thing. I'll see you tomorrow." Saying that, Nabil walked him to the door and saw him pass through. Now it was time to think of something to do but there wasn't really a choice. He will have to go through it and for that he was going to be borne by the girl. It was all her fault, he felt and with slight luck, he can move to a different place and won't even have to see her anymore. Nabil smirked at the thought.

As he was thinking, an employee walked in grumbling to himself with the presentation in his hand.

All of them had the guts to grumble behind his back but no one could say a word to his face. Nabil looked up at him and shot him a glance which warned him. "Finally" Nabil said looking at him.

"Y..ye..s  S..ir.  I'm s..orr..yy  for the de..l...ay."

"You should be but that doesn't concern me. Next time you're late with a presentation, don't bother coming into the office at all." Saying that, he swirled his chair signaling him to leave. He left Nabil's cubicle and the office returned to the defining silence.

'It is late. I should go home.' Nabil thought. 'This is it. My decision is made.'

Nabil wasn't a man who could be pushed around. He wasn't someone who would listen to anyone other than whom he  respect. So out of the respect for his mother that was a sacrifice...A sacrifice the girl was going to pay for.

As he thought about it, he noticed how while thinking about it, time flowed faster, and faster the day was nearing.

It was going to be midnight soon and it was clear, no more thinking and no more wasting time. It had to be done and fast because with each passing minute, his mother's expectations will grow, and more and more people will get involved. The best thing, he can do was marry her right away in a small marriage and leave because that small bump wasn't going to mess with his life.

He was much ....Much more Important.

~~~~~~~

Vote🌟 Comment💬 & Share(: