Chapter 1

Zoe pov:

The snow fell down slowly around us as we waited in the tree line for our lady's signal. We stayed quiet as we hid in the tree line just watching the scene unfold before us.

There was four people fighting a manticore as two others were behind the monster looking scared out of their wits. The group of four attacking the manticore was made up of a male demigod, two female demigods, and a male satyr. The three demigods were wearing a orange shirt and blue jeans, easily identifying them as campers from camp half blood.

I watched as they seemed to finaly get the upper hand when a mortal helicopter came up from the cliff behind the manticore. I looked to my left at lady Artemis the goddess of the hunt, as she pulled out a small horn and blew it making a long low note. Everyone froze before Artemis signaled us and we fired our silver bows at the target. Our arrows sailed through the air and would have hit the manticore dead on if he hadn't thrown his own projectiles from his tail.

Our arrows went half way through his thorn looking projectiles, before crashing to the ground a few feet from him.

"This is against ancient laws! You are not aloud to interfere!" The manticore shouted in a Russian accent.

"Not so. It is within my domains to hunt all wicked beasts." Artemis said as we all walked out and into the open. I could now see the campers better and I recognized two of them. The sayter's name is Grover, and one of the females name is Thalia.

Artemis looked up at the helicopter and closed her fist. The helicopter started to turn white before it disappeared. I assumed it turned into moon light.

"Girls leave him to me. If he tries to run you have my permission to kill him." Artemis said. I replied with a nod as Artemis walked over to the manticore.

"Oh is the little moon goddess going to fight me herself? I should feel grateful." The manticore said. Artemis pulled out her hunting knives and charged him.

Artemis was a streak of silver as she dodged and countered every move the manticore made. In exactly a minute the manticore was being held by the neck, with a silver hunting pointed at his chest.

"Now I believe that you can answer a few questions I may have." Artemis said.

"Mmm feeer ckkkkkk oooo!" The manticore growled out.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite hear you. You might want to speak up." Artemis said as she pushed the dagger a bit causing the manticore to unintentionally flinch.

"May Perseus curse you!" The manticore said loud enough for everyone to hear. As soon as the words left his mouth the temperature seemed to drop twenty degrees and the world around us seemed to become darker, almost like a black fog.

"Who dares to summon me?" A voice whispered. The voice seemed to stretch out its words. The manticore turned instantly ghost white.

"Who's there?!" Artemis said with authority.

"Dr. Thorn. How... Good it is to see you." The voice said.

The manticore or Dr. Thorn quickly removed Artemis's hand before he dropped down to the floor and went to his hands and knees.

"Please kill me don't let him take me!" Thorn said.

"Who would take you?" Artemis asked.

"Come on Thorn... We will have so much fun." The voice said again. Then a figure started to form to my right. It took twenty seconds before he was completely formed. The figure was a man and was about 6'4 with black wild hair and fiery green eyes that looked like a pit.

"We have much to discuss Thorn." The figure said as he looked at Thorn. Thorn went wide eyed before he grabbed my mistresses hand that held the dagger and shoved it in his chest. He then turned the blade and quickly pulled it out. He fell backwards and dissolved into gold dust.

The man frowned and walked over to the pile of dust. Artemis got ready to attack the male before her when he stopped and looked down at the dust. He then kicked it making it disappear. He stood still for a few seconds staring at the ground, completely ignoring Artemis.

He turned away from us and started to walk away when a silver arrow barely missed his head. Artemis lowered her bow that she just pulled out of nowhere, notched, and fired in less time than a heartbeat.

"I demand to know who you are and what just happened." Artemis yelled. She looked beyond pissed. But then again, she was ignored not once but twice, then lost the target of her hunt to a male no less. The guy turned around and faced Artemis. A crooked grin came across his face.

"My apologies. Where are my manners. My name is Perseus." Perseus said as he bowed. "Son of Tartarus and the god of monsters." He said as he tilted his head up from his bowed position with the crooked smile still there