Chapter 10

Chad pov:
The campfire took an Erie look to it as it judged the campers mood around the area. There were whispers and rumors constantly going around in such a disorganized pace, that they seemed to constantly change certain aspects of each other. A couple parts didn't change, and those are the parts that are usually true. Those parts being that Nico and by extension Bianca are children of Hades, and that one of them has a golden skeleton now. I tried to eavesdrop on a few different conversations about the event but the hunters arrived and with them the rumors left.

The hunters occupied the two benches furthest from any male campers possible as they gathered and talked amongst each other and a few female campers. Conversations around me went straight to our capture the flag match and about the skirmishes that happened. I was of course surrounded by the area cabin again and was asked about my experience during the game. I got half way through my telling of events when Chiron made his presence known by stamping his hoof a few times. Everyone settled down a bit before he spoke.

"Now that I have your attention. I have a few announcements to make before you go off to bed." He said as he looked around at us. "Curfew regardless of whether or not you are a camper or hunter, is strictly enforced. The harpies have been notified and are on the look out for curfew breakers. Furthermore the hunters will be staying with us a bit longer than expected,-" Chiron was immediately spoken over as campers and hunters voiced their complaints on the matter.

"Lady Artemis is on a solo hunt and will be back later." Chiron said loudly over the disgruntled voices.

"Ugh! Why do we have to deal with those Girl Scouts?" A male camper called out.

"Yeah! They aren't wanted here." Another male camper said.

"Like we want to be around useless boys like you." A hunter retorted.

"Y'all are lucky to have us here. Heck I recon you boys couldn't put up a fight. Y'all gotta rely on Thalia all the time like y'all do." A hunter with orange hair and a south American accent stated.

Some of the male campers were getting irritated and started to talk down to the hunters who retaliated in kind. I looked and tried to see who was starting crap but couldn't see who it was. A younger Ares camper named Clark opened his mouth to retort when a hand covered his mouth.

"Hey! Don't even think about saying what you were thinking." John said with his hand firmly placed on Clark's mouth.

Clark shook his head freeing himself from Johns loose grip.

"Yeah but they just insulted dad! I can't let them say that!" He said looking at John.

"Clark. You remember what you told me when we came back from the game?" John asked.

"Uhh..." Clark said obviously not getting what John was asking.

"You said that you couldn't wait to get older so you could join us in capture the flag. When I asked you why, you told me it was because-" John said before Clark picked up the conversation.

"Because I'm Clark, and all Clark's grow up into Superman." Clark said wit a smile on his face.

"That's right. Superman doesn't hurl insults. He fights with honor and doesn't stoop to anyone's level." John said.

Clark crossed his arms.

"Fine.... but I don't like them." Clark said.

John ruffled his head.

"You don't have to bud." John replied.

"SILENCE!!!" Chiron yelled grabbing everyone's attention.

"Like it or not this is what is going to happen. This is Artemis's decision and we are going to do what she has ordered. Unless otherwise stated the hunt is to stay here." Chiron said with finality.

The campfire went low for a second before rising back up to it's normal height. It wasn't very often that chiron got loud. I looked toward Clarisse to see what she thought when I noticed she wasn't in her normal spot. I looked around and didn't see her anywhere.

I grabbed Johns attention.

"Hey John." I whispered.

He gave me a sideways glance as he continued to look at Chiron.

"Where's Clarisse?" I whispered.

"I think she skipped the campfire and went to bed. She had been out in the woods looking for something to fight when we were in archery." John whispered back.

It made sense. Clarisse and I had a challenge going for who could kill the biggest monster in the woods. I had beaten her hellhound kill with taking out a giant fire breathing ant before I went to pick up Grover. I figured I'd talk with her about Chiron tomorrow when everybody was at breakfast.

Chiron seemed to have finished his announcements and had walked away without me noticing, for when I looked to where he was standing before, he was now gone. I heard heard a gasp come from the hunters, which immediately drew my attention to them.

Above Bianca's head was the symbol of hades.

"What is that?" Bianca asked as she looked up to see the image.

"That sister. Is your father claiming you." One hunter said. I think she was the one with the sword from the capture the flag game.

Almost immediately after there was a crack of lightning that raced across the night sky and a terrible rumble of thunder that followed it.

"Ok! Ares cabin I believe that's a great note to end today with. Let's head back to our cabin." John said loudly grabbing everyone's attention. As if to rush that decision rain started to fall.

Campers quickly departed in groups towards their cabins as the rain fell faster. I walked to mine not really caring about the water. Although lightning was a different story. I think John was correct to head inside, and with everyone scattering, I thought of nothing else but what this could mean for the camp.

I willed myself dry when I got in my cabin. I went ahead and got ready for bed before climbing into bed. It wasn't very long before I fell asleep to a dream I was not ready for.