Chapter 3

Perseus pov

I opened my eyes and saw I was back in my room in my fathers palace.

'Well that was interesting.' I thought to myself as I closed the book I was currently reading, and stood up from the comfy chair I was sitting in before I was summoned. I put the book back on the shelf before walking out of the library and down the hall.

'So now the huntress knows of my existence. I wonder what she will do with this information.' I thought as I walked down the hall. I opened a door to my left after what felt like an hour.

'Why does this place have to be so big? The endless hallways are a bit much.' I thought to myself. I opened the door to find a room bathed in a calm blue light that reminded me of the clear blue sea. The room itself was a egg shell white and was this color so there were no distractions as you looked into the viewing sphere.

There was a nice circular couch that surrounded the sphere in the middle of the room. The sphere that was glowing blue and was held up on a small pillar that held it at eye level when you sat on the couch. I sat down and peered into the sphere.

"Let me see Chad. Chad Filtara." I said. The orb swirled and I saw what could only described as panic. Apparently the demigods were riding in a flaming bus that was going to crash into a lake.

"Oh this is going to be great." I said as I watched the worlds next savior clench his seat tightly as the bus came hurtling towards the water.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Chad pov:

'Note to self, never let the daughter of Zeus drive. EVER!' I thought as I used my powers to dry myself. I walked past the campers who were all surrounding Thalia asking her how her quest went and how the bus crashed into the water.

I have just given up on trying to blend in here at camp, and can you blame me? I may be the son of Poseidon, god of the seas, but I can't compete with the legendary Thalia. The girl who single handedly fought off a small army of monsters who were chasing down three demigods. Luke a child of Hermes, Annabeth a child of Athena, and some kid who was a son of Thanatos. Annabeth and Luke made it in camp but the other kid didn't.

Thalia and her brave self, charged into the mass of monsters to get the kid out. She kept on fighting as more monsters showed up before she was eventually over ran. She immediately went on defense and retreated up the hill to camp when the unthinkable happened. Thalia daughter of Zeus was struck in the stomach with a spear. The spear was thrown from somewhere in the horde and hit hard enough to pin her dying form to the earth near the top of the hill.

As Thalia was dying Hera took pity on her and turned her into a tree. This tree gave us a magical barrier which helped protect us from the monsters. With the barrier it made having to patrol the perimeter less taxing and quite easier.

Fast forward 10 years and you have a 15 year old Annabeth and Luke and a recently revived 15 year old Thalia. Somehow she didn't age while being a tree, go figure. I'm 14 and not expected to be the prophecy child. Fast forward to now and you can see why Thalia is adored.

I continued to walk past all the campers who would run around me or through me in an attempt to talk to the great Thalia. I eventually made it to the arena where the ares campers were currently training against some automaton training monsters, or themselves.

"Yo! Chad is here!" John yelled from the left of me. This caused most of the ares cabin to finish their fights before they came over to me.

"Sup guys! How yall been?" I asked.

"We've been fine Chelsea. Although I hear you had your ass handed to you by knife throwing kitten." Clarisse said.

"It was a lion scorpion hybrid." I said.

"Sure it was Chelsea." Clarisse said with sarcasm dripping from every word.

"Oh shut up Clarisse." I said as I punched her in the shoulder. Clarisse grinned.

"That the best you got? No wonder a kitten can beat you. I bet johns bird could kill you." She said. I took out riptide and uncapped it. Clarisse brought out her spear and her face changed to one of mirth mirroring mine.

"Bring it Chelsea." She said, and I charged her.

we fought one another sword against spear for a good twenty minutes, with neither of us gaining the upper hand. Clarisse fainted to the right and I fell for it. She smirked as she had me with a spear point at my gut.

"Dead." She said with a smirk.

"Fine. You win this time Clarisse. I will win next time though." I said.

"Good! I look forward to it." Clarisse said. We both had grins on our faces as the ares campers applauded our performance.

Clarisse and I are good friends ever since I helped ares get Zeus's master bolt and hades helm of darkness back from nemisis who had stolen them both in a plot to get revenge on Olympus. The ares cabin really looks up to their father and because I helped ares it's like I am their unofficial brother.

"Not too bad. You guys should save some of that for capture the flag tonight." John said.

John is a great guy who helps Chiron train us campers how to fight. He is a son of ares who was given immortality a couple hundred years ago for fighting off a legion of hellhounds who were attacking camp. He held them off and received immortality.

"Sounds like fun." I said with a crooked grin.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Perseus pov:

I have to admit that the son of Poseidon is skilled with a sword. Not a master of course but he does hold the skill to be if he continues. He seems to be in good favor with the ares cabin. Although with all this in mind he won't be able to do anything against atlas when he frees himself in the next day or so.

I continued to watch the son of Poseidon for the rest of the day. I was about to leave the glass ball alone and find something more interesting to do when I heard of a game that was going to happen tomorrow. Apparently it's supposed to be a hunters vs campers capture the flag.

I made a mental note to watch it later as I got up.

'Now where are you Dr. Thorn.' I thought as I left the room.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000