Chapter 6

Because y'all asked here's the next part. Tell me what y'all think.

0000000000000000000000000000

Artemis pov:
"I just don't understand it. God of monsters? I haven't ever heard a more ridiculous claim. The closest thing that monsters have to a god is typhoon. And that thing is still under a mountain sleeping. I just... I just can't wrap my head around it." I said as I glanced over to the most level headed goddess I knew.

Hestia remained quiet as she watched my brother slowly bring the sun down towards the horizon. The light reflected off some of the plants, while others took a different hue. The garden itself looked stunning and absolutely peaceful. When looking at it you couldn't help but get a feeling of appreciation for the time and dedication Demeter put into the garden.

"I don't know what to say. The idea of there being another primordial around is bothersome, the fact we know nothing about him just makes it worse. I would consult Athena and also tell Zeus. He may freak a bit but at least it will be out in the open." Hestia said.

"Are you sure that's the best idea?" I asked her. I was dreading having to tell Athena. Although she would be interested, she would undoubtably say that it was our imagination or the mist acting up. Athena was the wisdom goddess not the believe anything I hear goddess.

Zeus was an entirely different story. Zeus was more likely to believe me but would become over protective and try to get me a guardian or something like that so I would be protected. Zeus has a big history with mortals and an even bigger history with immortals. Zeus is known to be a powerful god to mortals but here on Olympus he is known for being a little over protective. He's not a terrible ruler he just gets defensive if he believes his family is in trouble.

"What do you believe would happen if you didn't tell them?" Hestia responded.

I thought about it for a little while before coming to the conclusion that she was right. If I didn't tell them sooner than later, it had the potential to be ten times worse.

"Once again hestia you are right." I said. Hestia smiled as the sun continued to dip behind the horizon.

"You should probably go talk before your brother finishes his duties for the day." Hestia said.

I nodded my agreement before wishing her a good night and started walking around Olympus in search of my father. I'd much rather get the more difficult option done first.

I continued walking around Olympus until I bumped into a big male.

I fell to the floor and looked up to see Ares standing there looking at me. Ares didn't say a word to me but offered me a hand up which I accepted. He pulled me to my feet before speaking.

"Where you going Hunter of men?" He asked.

"Looking for our father oh slaughterer of men." I replied.

Ares let out a laugh.

"That I am. Although I could use a good spar soon. The world is to peaceful for my liking." Ares said as he smirked at me.

"No Ares." I said as I crossed my arms. Ares smirk dropped.

"Come on don't be a wuss. Show me the spitfire girl we all love to hate." He said. "Hell I'll even play fair and only use a broad sword and shield." He said again as he reached behind his back and pulled an imperial gold sword from behind his head, and a iron kite shield appeared on his arm from flick of his wrist.

I felt myself momentarily shift to my Roman side at the sight of the imperial gold sword, before I quickly forced myself back to Greek.

"I don't have time Ares. I must speak with father about an issue I found while hunting." I said as I tried to go around him.

"I know where Zeus is." Ares stated as I walked around him. I stopped and turned to face him.

"I'll even tell you but you have to promise to spar with me soon." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes.

"Fine Ares. I'll give you a fight to remember just tell me where father is at." I said. I was getting slightly annoyed at this point.

"Swear an oath. You know as well as I do that oaths are binding." He said as his smirk grew to a full maniacal grin.

I was completely irritated at this point. Yes I knew how strong oaths were. There was even a penalty for breaking them. No one knows how or why but oaths made always have a cost if broken. There have been reports of losing domains, temples collapsing, pain, even caused some gods to fade. It wasn't as if we swore on anything either. Although, swearing on the Styx is huge. Mortals seemed to be affected by the same rules as well but to a much lesser degree. Some injuries, maybe a common disease, even losing some items to never be found again. The only rule we do know is that the bigger the oath we make the bigger the cost if we break it. Most gods don't make oaths, doing them is risky and can be disastrous.

"Fine. I swear on my name as goddess of the moon and hunt to spar with Ares if he will lead me to father." I said.

Ares repeated the oath sealing the deal. After the last word left his mouth a gentle breeze blew past us before it stoped a second later.

"This way." Ares said as he walked through the streets of Olympus.

Ares was silent as we continued to walk through Olympus, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing but it was uncommon for him to not speak a lot.

"Why are you quiet?" I asked after a few seconds.

"Over seas black ops team just got hit with a dirty bomb... Rachel got hit with shrapnel... she didn't even hit the floor before..." Ares said quietly. It took a second before I understood his meaning. One of his lovers must have been deployed and recently terminated.

"I'm sorry." I said.

He just nodded his head and continued to walk. After a few more minutes of walking I realized where we were going.

"Really Ares? Why didn't you tell me he was in the throne room?" I asked.

"Cause he is currently doing his job." Ares stated.

I immediately understood and dreaded the talk even more now. We reached the steps of the throne room as we heard the sound of Father's voice booming from within.

I braved myself as I opened the doors and walked into the throne room with Ares right behind me.

0000000000000000000000000000