Science

I hurried down the hallway to my next class, which happened to be science, which also happened to be my least favorite subject (and it still is). Antonio came up next to me and stuck out his hand as we walked.

"I'm Antonio Fernandez Carriedo." He smiled as he introduced himself. I swear, that kid never did and still hasn't stopped smiling. I shook his hand (you know, the one he stuck out earlier?).

"Summer. Hey, can I just all you Antonio?" He laughed and nodded. We engaged in conversation (and a weird one at that) until we reached the classroom. We walked in and I immediately looked for a seat in the back of the room. Before I could sit anywhere, the teacher pointed at me, making my life way more awkward than it had to be (even though it's usually very awkward).

"You. Sit in the front of the classroom," and at that, the teacher pointed at a desk. I noticed that in this room, none of the desks had plaques (so boring). The desk (the one he pointed to) sat between two others (most desks do). To my left was a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. To my right was a guy with ash blonde hair and red eyes. Yes, red eyes. Don't ask.

The lesson started and I was immediately bored out of my mind. I started doodling in my notebook, my mind wandering to places where life was combined fantasy and everything became a blur. Whatever the mean teacher was saying was being blended with my very odd mind. I think it might have been something about the photosynthesis of llamas. Or maybe it was the mating calls of plants. I really couldn't have cared less. Ten minutes into the lesson I couldn't even tell what I was drawing. Twenty minutes into the lesson I could barely stay awake. Thirty minutes into the lesson I did fall asleep. Forty minutes into the lesson I woke up. Fifty minutes into the lesson my ignorance ended. The jerk (who had ironically been eating from a bag of turkey jerky) teacher was standing in front of my desk, wearing an ugly glare and an ugly tie. I'm not even kidding. I was worse than the principal's. How, you ask? It was olive green and prune purple. Lesson of the day, children, never mix those colors together. Ever.

"What do we have here?" He asked, looking at my paper. I looked with him.

"A llama." He raised an eyebrow. I could feel all eyes on me.

"What is it doing?"

"He's going through photosynthesis." Snickers sounded throughout the classroom. And honestly I had I hard time trying not to laugh as well.

"And what is that hideous thing it's wearing?"

"He's wearing your tie." The guy with the red eyes was having the time of his life on my right and the jerk teacher was turning the shade of that guy's eyes. Apparently he loves his tie.

"Have you been paying attention to anything I've said?" I hesitate for a moment, but it's just enough for him to figure out that I haven't (such a smart cookie).

"And why is that?" I look him in the eyes.

"I don't know. I was a little bit distracted by your tie if we're being honest." Red-eye's snickering is getting louder and louder and the teacher is getting redder and redder. It was a chain reaction, I swear.

"Miss Blacard, you will go to the office now." I gather my stuff together and stand up. Mr. Jerky - pause. Do you get it? Because he's mean and he eats turkey jerky. It's funny, so don't deny it - points to the door. I promise I'm not a bad person. It just kind of happened.