History

Third block happened to be APUSH. For all you people who don't know, that stands for AP US History. Mind blowing, I know. Moving on. The teacher, Mrs. Pudding (I'm not kidding that was her actual name), decided it'd be a good idea for me to stand up and tell the class about myself. That was a mistake. I was hungry (the meeting with Mr. --- made me miss lunch), tired and not to mention the fact that I cannot do public speaking without making a fool of myself. After being asked to stand at the front of the classroom, I sighed and dragged myself out of my chair. When looking out at the class, two things immediately stood out to me. The first was a guy with hair that defied gravity. It stood straight up, like someone electrified a golden retriever. I soon after discovered this guy's name was Mathias Køhler. The second thing was another guy (Arthur Kirkland)'s eyebrows. They were like, twenty miles thick, no joke. Okay, fine that is a joke. That'd be weird if his eyebrows were that think. They were more like an inch think. And that's no joke. And they weren't even the same color of his hair. Anyway, back on track. After staring at eyebrows and hair, I took a breath and started.

"HiI'mSummerIlikemusicandstuffandIreallydon'twanttobehereanddangthatkidhasweirdhairandIkindoflikeactingIguessbutoverallIreallyhateschoolandthathairbreaksthelawsofgravityAweirdlittlefactaboutmeisthatIcomeupwithnicknamesforteachersanddidImentionthehair?" After that extremely long rush of words I quickly sat down. Public speaking is my worst enemy (Mr. Jerky making a close second). A few snickers sounded, including those of Mathias and Arthur. Mrs. Pudding stood there, looking slightly stricken (I wouldn't be surprised if she was traumatized). She then sat in a chair, and gave us instructions.

"Take out the textbooks in your desks and turn to page 327. Read as far as you can until class is over," and with that she closed her eyes and leaned back. I couldn't tell if she was going to sleep or not. As it turned out she was.

In less than five minutes she was asleep and snoring. At the exact moment she started snoring, people started whispering to each other and passing notes. Since I had made no friends (besides Antonio who, go figure, wasn't in this class), I sat there and pathetically tried to read. I had processed about three words when a paper airplane hit my head. I grabbed it and read the note scratched on it.

You really think my hair is that beautiful?

It was from Mathias. I snort and write a response.

No. I was just trying to take in how it defies gravity

I then casually folded the paper and chucked it at Mathias. And it landed, amazingly enough, in his hair (GOOOOOOAAAAAAL). I watched him open it, smile, then scribble something else. We went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and you get the point. This is how it went.

So you think it's ugly? 

Not as ugly as that guy's eyebrows 

What, Arthur? It's not like he can help that his eyebrows are the size of grizzly bears. But seriously, he's a nice guy. 

 You should introduce me to everyone cool

 Sure, why not? You seem cool. I had you in science and I've NEVER seen Mr. Fett get that angry, I'm impressed. 

Fett? As in Star Wars Fett? 

Yeah, everyone calls him Jengo behind his back. 

Jengo? What's wrong with Boba?

And from that little piece of paper sprouted a friendship that lasted forev-no it lasted for like, two months. Though he seemed cool on that piece of paper, but I figured out that he was a huge jerk. And super annoying. And arrogant. And selfish. I could go on, but you get the point that I basically hated (and still do) hate his guts.

Okay, going on a rabbit trail for a moment, where did that saying come from? Saying that you hate someone's guts doesn't really say how you feel about the person. It's not like if someone loves another person then they love their guts. No one thinks about a person's guts unless they hate the person. I just don't get it. Okay. I'm done with my rant now.