Chapter 5: Gone

{Joy}

Bein' great takes time
Came a long way
I say I'm fine
I'm on my way
I'm gonna climb all the way

Talk That S**t
YFN Lucci

I walk upstairs to the apartment and I walk up the door and it is lock. She finally showing hope.

I walk in and it's empty. Everything is gone. It was like a dagger stabbed me in the back. All of this for nothing, I got this money just for everything to be gone.

I walk to the kitchen and see a note sitting on the counter.

Dear Joy
Hey baby I decided to leave and sell everything. We may never see each other again but just know I'm sorry that you had to see me turn into this. I don't know what I going to do, maybe get clean. But I'll see you around love.

P.s your things are still in your room

Love, your mother

I walk to my room and open the door  and see everything like I left it. I packed things that could fix in my three bags and I called Troy and told him everything. He told me he was coming to pick me up, but I said no. I want to spend one more night here. Seem crazy right but I just needed one more night, I just need one more night to think about the good times even thought the bad out weight the good.I layed down and looked at my ceiling. The same spot I always do. The same spot I will never look at again.

Dream/ Flashback

"Mommy mommy mommy" I run to the kitchen where my mom is.

"Joy joy joy" she copies me.

"Where is daddy" I ask her.

"He's on his way, honey" she brushes her hand on my hair.

"I made this for you and I have one for daddy too" I give her a drawing i made her.

"It beautiful honey" she smiles. I hear the front door open and slam. "Go to your room honey" she tells me.

"But what about" she pushed me to my room before I could ask about daddy picture.

I lay on my bed and think about how k could surprise my dad. I get up when I hear a big crash, sounds like dishes being thrown. After that it got quite and I hear the front door opens and closes.

I run out a see my mom laying on the ground crying.

"Mommy don't cry" I walk to her.

"Get the fuck out my face" she tells me in a soft voice, it scared me so bad.

Dream/Flashback over

I wake up cold, my throat hurts. That was the day my dad left my mom till this day I don't know why he left. I guess I will never know.

I get up and go take a shower, it is freezing cold so I'm going to take another when I go over Troy place. I get out and I look a hot mess, my hair is all over my head. I walk over to my phone and see its 7 in the morning. It's no food her so im have to wait until Troy gets here.

Troy💉- call when up

Joy-I'm up