Chapter 31: Black

{Joy}

Nobody knows what I go through
Wish you could put yourself inside my shoes
You got friends that ain't friends no more
They don't understand the life I chose
See the money and the fame
It can hurt everything you love
Got some people that depend on me
And I can't give up
They don't know what I'm going through

Nobody Knows
August Alsina

Next Day

Last night was crazy, I didn't go home, I stayed with Kami and Carmen. King was pissed but I don't even care right now. Right now everyone is in the basement talking. I'm just laying on the couch looking at them talk, I don't have the energy to do anything.

As I'm laying there Carmen walks over and kneel down in front of me and puts her hand on my back.

"You ok" she ask me and I nod my head up and down. But i quickly run over to the trash can and throw up. It came out of no where and everyone looks at me.

"I'm ok, food poisoning" I quickly tell them making up a lie because I don't know what's wrong.

"You sure" Carmen asked as I lay back down and I nod my head again.

"You ok" I ask her.

"No" she gives up a dry laugh, "She was one of my best friends, I'm hurt but I have to be strong. I should have known something was wrong, she wasn't acting right. But I know I'm break sooner or late" she says, she hits my leg and I sit up and she sits next to me. "You talk to King any" she ask me.

"Not since last night" I tell her and she looks at me.

"Y'all going to talk" she ask me handing me a pick of candy after she pops one in her mouth.

"Maybe" I tell her and my attention goes to King walking in and behind him I see Alex again.

"Here we go" Carmen leans over and says in my ear.

"Ight, so what happened last night  with Bria was a minor set back, but we coming back for major come back" he says.

"Yeah, guy lets get to work" Alex puts her two cents in and everyone looks at her like she's crazy.

"Come on get to work I need an address for Dean by the end of this week" King say. Really we are still looking for Dean when clearly Leo just killed one of our friends. I really want to know why was Bria with Leo anyway.

"I'm call you later, I have to go to work" Carmen gets up and head out the door. I get up and head and walk out the door, I feel like I need to get away, King is going to be pissed but I honestly don't give a fuck about what he thinks at this point. I already know where I'm going , I have to get this off my chest.

2 hours later

I pull up to the prison, I sign in and go through the scans and I see Troy with a surprise look on his face.

"Damn, though y'all forgot about a nigga" he gets up and we hug each other.

"Never" I smile and tell him.

I sit down across from him.

"Wassup, I was just about to call King" Troy says and at the sound of his name I roll my eyes. I been ignoring his calls since I lefted.

"His going to be pissed at me" I laugh lowly looking away from me

"Huh, Joy what's up with you." Troy looks at me.

"Just tired" i fake smile.

"Come on Joy what's up" he says.

"Well, Troy. I have to tell you this, I'm in a relationship with King. But I don't know how long it will last" I tell him, as I tear rolls down my face but I quickly wipe it away.

"Damn" he wipe his face and gets up and grabs me into a hug.

"No touching inmate" I hear a police guard say.

"This my sister" Troy yells, but then he releases me and looks at me.

"Joy, it going to be cool. I'm talk to him Ight. It's King we talking about he is a headache." he looks at me and I nod my head.

"Is that it" he ask me and sits down.

I sit down and look at him realizing I have to tell him about Bria.

"Troy, Bria is dead, and she may have been dealing with Leo after you left" I tell him and I immediately see hurt in his eyes. It looks like he wanted to punch a wall but he put his head in his hand.

"I'm sorry" I tell him but he doesn't reply.

"Joy, ill call you tonight to make sure you get home ok" he says getting up and leaving me.

*

As I walk to the car I can't help letting a tear escape my eye, I wipe it away.

I get in my car and pull of. Driving down the road I feel like I have to throw up, I quickly pull over and get out a throw up.

I wipe it away from my mouth, god what is wrong with me. I don't have time to be getting sick. As I think this more throw up comes out.

I go back to my car a lean my head on the stirring wheel, then I pull my self together and pull off.

As I make it back into town I don't even want to go home, I just need time to myself. I pull up to a random park. I walk over to the swing set and sit down.

What am I doing? Why am i here trying to hold on to something. My life is going down the drain and I can't do any to stop it. I devoted my life to surviving in this cruel, greedy, two faced world. I try to do my best even though they will only look at me as a cracked heads daughter and she going to be just like her mother. I worked my ass off day and night, I didn't have a childhood. School wasn't my main priority, work was. Food on the table was. I could have went to college and make something out of my self but I choose to stand in my mother shadow and watch her self destruct and I'm head right in her path.

As all of these things run through my head, I feel the presence of someone else. I slowly turn around and I feel something getting stab in my arm, I try to fight but my body is not letting me. I fall into the persons arms and I try to fight to keep my eyes open but I can't. Darkness over takes.

----•
Who did this to Joy?
Troy is hurt.
Joy is having doubts about their relationship?
Is it because of Alex?

Remember to vote and comment
Sorry for mistakes ❤️