Girl Meets World [Part 1]

"Why do we have to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?" Riley asked, staring at Maya. Amelia smiled at her friend, loving her adorable innocence. The three girls were sitting in the bay window together.

Maya smirked "You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?"

Amelia threw an arm around Riley's shoulders, pulling her into a hug. "Riles, you know it's not going to work"

Glaring at her, Riley sat up a little straighter with a determined look in her eyes. "I think I'm ready" she told her two best friends with a smile.

Amelia and Maya shared a knowing look, both of them turning to stare at Riley. The girl in question had a pained look on her face.

"Why are you making that face at us Riley?" Maya asked

"Because I'm sneaking out" the girl confessed making Amelia laugh loudly.

"Out the window"

Amelia watched her best friends slip out the window, not moving from her spot. A smirk was present on her face knowing what was coming next. Both girls came sliding back through the window, Mr. Matthews coming in after them.

"Daddy, what are you doing here?" Riley tried to act innocent, pretending like she hadn't been about to sneak out onto the subway.

"Being smarter than me. How come you're always smarter than me?" Maya complained

Amelia came to Maya's aid, "He's got like 50 years on us Maya of course he's going to be smarter"

"How old do you kids think I am?" Cory shouted. Ignoring the apologetic grin from Amelia, he regained his composure and turned back to his daughter.

"Here's what I'm thinking. It's not your world yet, it's still my world. Because if it was your world, Maya and Amelia would have you on the subway already, thinking you put something over on me. But you didn't. Know how I know? Look at ya. You're right here"

Riley rolled her eyes, "How long do I have to live in my father's world?"

Getting up, Amelia grabbed Maya's arm and moved them onto the bed next to Riley. "Yeah Matthews, how long are you going to make us live in your world?" she asked

"You think you can make it yours?"

"Bring it on" She told him as she put her arms around Riley and Maya, the three smiling at each other. No matter what the world threw at them, they knew they'd always have each other.

Cory smiled at his daughter and her best friends. "Until you make it yours" he told them. "Riley, do you know what I want more than anything? Go ahead, make it yours."

Watching the interaction between father and daughter was sad to Maya and Amelia. It was hard to see such a great relationship when the two knew that when they went home, they wouldn't have that. Sure Maya had her mother and Amelia had her brother, but it wasn't the same as the bond between Cory and Riley. But that just made them more grateful for the fatherly advice Mr. Matthews always gave them, even if they didn't show how much it really meant to them.

Riley looked at them fondly before gazing back at her father, "I will. And when I do will you still be there for me?"

The door to the bedroom opened and Topanga Matthews stepped inside "Right here, we'll be right here"