Girl Meets The Truth [Part 1]

Amelia Cooper was willing to do pretty much anything for her friends if it meant seeing them happy. Some might say she went to far when it came to making sure that Maya and Riley had a smile on their faces, but in the Cooper's opinion there was no such thing when it came to her best friends. That was why, despite having the lead in Romeo and Juliet, an 'injured' Amelia was hiding back stage to watch her understudy's performance and helping out the stage crew. Despite her love of performing, Mia just follow through with it after seeing Riley's crestfallen face at the realization that she wouldn't be the Juliet to Lucas' Romeo. So now she wandered around with a sling on her arm because of a not-so-real accident she'd had at home just to give her best friend a chance in the spotlight with her crush.

"That looks pretty painful." Ben commented to Mia as he caught her sliding on the sling she'd taken off when she thought no one was looking.

Mia nodded, "Worst pain I've ever felt."

"Clearly it's not all part of your elaborate plan to get my brother to kiss Riley."

"I would never do such a thing." Mia joked, but then grew serious. "But seriously, don't tell Riley or Lucas about this. They don't need to know I'm faking."

Ben mimed locking his lips and threw the imaginary key over his shoulder. "My lips are sealed...though it's a shame you aren't on stage. You would've been amazing."

Mia grinned, "I'm not too worried about missing out on this one. There are always going to be other performances. This could've been my moment, but I'd much rather it be Riley's."

Ben shook his head fondly at her selfless response, expecting nothing less from the girl. While he would have preferred to stand there and keep talking to the girl, Ben had to rush off and help with the backdrop for the next scene. This left Amelia alone to watch as Farkle made his way to center stage and began to argue with Lucas during his scene with Riley. She did her best to hid her laughter behind her hand as the boy petitioned the audience to steal the lead role away from Lucas. Maya could easily be heard from her spot in the crowd as she loudly cheered on the plan.

"Yeah, you kiss that girl you crazy spear carrier!" The blonde shouted happily.

Farkle pointed his spear at Maya, "Hark! You cometh upth here and get kissed too." The audience cheered loudly at the proclamation and Maya begrudgingly made her way up on to the stage. Farkle pointed his spear at Mia now which succeeded in making her laugh harder. "Doth the crowd thinkth Amelia shouldth be kissed too?"

Hearing the cheers for herself now and knowing that her plan to let this be Riley's moment had failed, Mia waved with her 'good' arm as she exited backstage and joined her best friends. The three girls were now squished together on the platform Riley had been laying one.

"How you doing?" Maya turned her head to talk to Riley.

The girl smiled, "I just don't know how we end up in situations like this."

Mia chuckled from her spot beside Maya, "Life would be extremely boring if we didn't end up in situations like this."

After the end of the play, the hallway was lined with people cheering for the three girls as they exited the auditorium. Despite having done very little for the play, Maya and Mia played along as they walked behind Riley. The cheers and praise continued as Lucas came up behind them, but went absolutely silent when Farkle arrived. Riley elbowed both Maya and Amelia to get the clapping started up again for their friend and he seemed to be none the wiser that people didn't particularly enjoy his interpretation of the play. Maya moved to burst his bubble, but Riley quickly grabbed on to her and scolded the blonde. 

"Maya don't! He thinks he was good." 

"Yeah, I'm gonna fix that." The blonde responded.

Riley frowned, "You can't tell him the truth. It'll crush him!"