Preparation

I woke up at possibly noon or a bit later than that, I didn't check my clocks, but I stood up and got ready. I changed my clothes, matted down my hair, and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.
I only have ¥18,000 at the moment, and it's best I save up a bit more for the black hoodie and voice changer. I decided to get a new hoodie so that Ryogo and the others wouldn't recognize me because of my red hoodie, due to it now having a noticeable tear on the cuff of my right sleeve.
I'll have a bit more allowance next week, but until then, I must train again; my moves are still amateur and possibly rusty, considering how I haven't trained a whole year. To top it all off, I can only use one charm, unlike Ryogo, who can use two. I should also start to train using a sword, considering how I only used a knife back then.
Well, I might be able to train my body by myself, such as doing exercises, but I'll need to be taught sword training, and I need to spar with someone in order to be better at my hand to hand combat.
I had decided last night that I would ask Jii-sama to train me. I chose to tell him since I can't tell Ryogo; although he might be able to train me, there's the chance that he might expose me, plus he'll be busy with missions. Atsushi and Shinosuke don't even know that I used to be an Exorcist, so they're gonna be no help. If Seigen was here, I probably would ask, but there's a possibility that he might also beat me in the process. You know what? I'm fine, I don't really want Spartan training anytime soon. I sighed, I guess I really do have no other choice but to ask Jii-sama, at least he's great at keeping secrets, considering he's kept ... that secret so long, so far.
I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast, which tasted a bit funny until the aftertaste since I brushed my teeth. I continued to eat, and when I finished, I placed it in the sink and headed to go speak to Jii-sama.

"Jii-sama?" I asked as I got his attention.

"Hm? Yes Rokuro?" he asked as he turned his head to face me.

I explained to him how I wanted to be an Exorcist again, but instead of working with the team, I go on secret missions alone as an alter ego, and would help out the others if they're in a bind, and in order to do so, I want him to train me sword and hand to hand combat.
The old man was silent and looked surprised as well, he's been silent for a while after; I then assumed he was thinking, and waited for an answer.

"Although I am happy that you want to help out, but what exactly made you want to be an Exorcist again, Rokuro?" He asked me.

I knew he was going to ask, but luckily I have a good answer that I mean.

"I do admit, what happened that day still haunts me, but ..." I stopped to calm myself before I continued to speak. "I know they wouldn't have wanted that, or that I had quit and continued to run from that memory rather than facing it."

"Are you certain with the choice you made?" He asked.

"I ..." I started but stopped, for some reason, even though I am choosing to do this, there is a part of me that is filled with doubt; like I am making a choice that I will regret, and the memories of that day were heard in my head, but they were dark, and filled with anger. The last time I heard them, I woke up and was so mad at myself, I punched my right hand and damaged the fingers of that hand. I found out then that I'm actually worried and scared, worried and scared that I might fail again or be frozen in place the moment I see a Kegare and it attacks me or the client.

"It is alright if you need time," Jii-sama said with assurance.

"I will do this, part of me might be saying no, but I will do it; and as an Exorcist, I'll protect people and prevent a tragedy that would be caused by Kegare."

Jii-sama stared at me and was silent again, I decided to go since waiting for an answer was starting to bug me.

"Wait, Rokuro," the old man said and got my attention.

"Yes, Jii-sama?" I asked as I looked at him.

"If you really want to help out as some alter ego but don't want to expose yourself, don't act as yourself when fighting," he said.

Don't act as myself? So do I act differently compared to how I usually am to not give myself away? Or do I have to be very careful with what I say and do when around others? I should probably do both of those, now that I think about it. I looked at him with a serious face and nodded in understanding.

"Also, if you don't want people to recognize your voice, try not to speak or learn to change your voice," he said seriously.

"I'm already saving to buy a voice changer!" I snapped with a sigh.

"Then you better find one that changes your voice completely and would last, it won't be cheap," he said.

"I know," I replied, the one I found that was great costed ¥13,000, but I also have to buy that hoodie.

"Also, have you decided on your costume?" He asked with a goofy expression.

"I chose to wear the gas mask as well as a black hoodie I plan to buy as well," I told him.

"Well, as you already know, you must earn your allowance like always."

I sighed once again and thought to myself, "This is gonna a long year."

I saw him stand up and heard him say, "I will train you tonight while the others are asleep, I might not have as much stamina and strength to spar with you, so you'll have to use the punching bag; before you have to do your chores, I need you to work on your strength and speed, lifting weights and jogging will help, riding your bike has its advantages, and not to mention you have school, continue doing good, and take advantage of your physical education class," he looked at me and asked, "Do you understand?"

I nodded in response and I thought to myself, "But a year might be enough to help Kegare no Asashin become strong enough to help out others, plus, he'll be stronger than I currently am."

Thinking about it, I considered it weird that I referred to my Alter Ego as a different person, well, in a way, he is, but I shouldn't do that unless someone was talking to me about him. After I put that thought aside, I decided that I should take a jog, it was Sunday, so I went to put on my running shorts and a white t-shirt and headed out.

[A/N] I apologize for it taking long and this one being not as good as the first chapter, but I assure that it'll get better in later chapters