Chapter 10

Conor's POV

At the moment claire is bouncing in my arms. Excitement was evident on her face as she stared at all of the furniture around us. I want to give this little girl so much sense she had awful birthparents.

"Ok little one we can get you a bed and other room items, do you want to do that?"

"Yass pwease daddy!"

We head over to the beds, I decided that she should probably get a bed that has bars so she doesn't fall out. When she sleeps in my bed she likes to be surrounded by pillows. I also assume that because she spent a lot of time in cardboard boxes that the walls make her feel safe. 

"Daddy! I want that one she said pointing to the cutest little bed"

"Ok sweet pea, do you like the blankets too?"

"Yes pwease daddy!!"

The bed was perfect and I grabbed the rest of the furniture my self.

Claire began to fall asleep in my arms. She rested her head on my shoulder and started to lightly snore as we finished up the shopping. 

I placed her in the car seat and she stayed that way until we made it home. 

"Ok babe time to get up, I need to set up your room and while I do you can play with your new toys"

That was all that needed to be said to get her to immediately become awake and bounce in her seat

"Yes pwease I wanna my toys now!"

"Ok little cutie just sit still so I can let you out and wait for daddy to bring you into the house so you don't fall"

I guess she ignored what I said because as soon as I let her free she sprinted towards the house. I ran off after her and it only took a second to catch up to her stumbling body.

I picked her up and landed a soft smack to her bum as I scolded her for not listening

"No little girl you need to listen to me so you have a five minute time out once we get inside"

I carry her in and place her in the corner as I go to unload the car. I hear her light crying as I go in and out of the house. After five minutes I go get her.

"little love come to daddy please"

She runs into my arms whispering apologies 

"Your ok baby why don't you go play with your toys"

We ended the day of shopping with her playing with the toys we newly bought and me setting up her room.