Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

Friday came before I knew it. There was a lot of hockey practices throughout the week, but I managed to get through them like always. Alex had Harry over almost everyday. I've been ignoring Harry as much as I could. He'd smirk at me while walking through the hallway, and always take the longer way to his lunch table just to catch a glimpse at me.

I took a quick shower and dried my hair, using my curling iron to give my waves a little more volume. I shoved a clip in it and applied my makeup perfectly. My dress wasn't too dressy, but more casual. The bottom half was lace, and it had a belt wrapped around the waist. I grabbed my purse and waited in the kitchen until the doorbell rang.

My mother opened the door to Jason. He was dressed nice, but casual like me. He had a single tulip in his hand, a golden bow was tied around it. I accepted the flower and handed it to my mother, asking her to put it in a vase in my bedroom for me.

We had to walk to the theatre since neither of us had a car to drive. I couldn't wait to make my own money and hopefully help my mother out with another car.

We talked about the week. He complimented my dress and said I'd look prettier without the makeup on, but that's what all of the guys say.

Jason bought two tickets for the movie as I waited in line for popcorn. We entered the theater and took our seats closer to the back.

I looked around the theater saw a mop of curly hair all the way in the back row. It couldn't have been Harry. He was at my house when we left.

"Is everything ok?" Jason asked, draping his arm over my shoulder.

I turned my head back to him, "What? Oh, yeah! Everything's fine!"

He tightened his grip and leaned in closer as the movie started. I kept looking behind me, seeing the outline of the boys curls. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't Harry. It couldn't be Harry.

Jason got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the movie. It was weird sitting in the theater alone. I didn't want the boy to see that my date had left, so I turned around to look for him, but he was gone. I shrugged it off and continued to watch the movie.

Jason was taking forever. I checked my phone for the time, he's been gone for ten minutes. I stood up to leave when I saw him coming back.

"Sorry. I was waiting in line for a pop, it took forever!" Jason apologized.

"It's fine! Don't worry. You didn't miss much." I said.

A little while later it got up again to get more popcorn, and again to get another pop. I watched most of the movie by myself. I stood up to leave, this time for real. I walked out of the doors of the theater and saw him coming back with more popcorn.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Look, Jason. Thank you for the date. The movie was really good, but I wish I didn't have to watch it all by myself. I'll text you later." I said walking past him.

"Ok." He seemed alright with it. It was like he didn't care that I left.

I walked home, knocking on the door since I forgot my key. Alex opened it.

"What's wrong? Where's Jason?" He asked, pulling me inside and locking the door.

"He totally blew me off. I went to watch the movie with him, not for him to spend an hour in line for pop and go to the bathroom every 5 minutes." I replied.

Alex shook his head in disappointment, "Don't worry about him. He's a jerk."

I remembered what Harry said about guys like Jason. I guess he was right for once. I thought about Harry, he was supposed to be at my house, but he was nowhere in sight.

"Where'd Harry go?" I asked Alex.

"He left right after you." Alex said. My breath hitched in my throat. It could've been Harry in the theater. There was a pretty good chance it was him.

"Oh." I placed my shoes on the rack and walked up to my bedroom, collapsing onto my bed.

I heard a knock at my door the next morning, "Trinity?" Alex called out.

"Huh?" I mumbled.

"It's already eleven. Wake up." He warned me.

I crawled out of bed and got ready for the day, walking down the stairs to see Harry on the couch. Why is he always here? Doesn't he have other friends?

"Hi." He said, without a smirk or smile. He never did that.

"Hey." I waved and walked into the kitchen.

"How was your date?" My mom asked.

"He blew me off. I practically watched the movie by myself." I replied.

"Awe, it's ok. He's a jerk." Jerk. It's like it was another name for him.

I sat on the couch across from Harry. He kept giving me a sympathetic look, but I tried not to pay attention. His personality change confused me. I kept glimpsing at him, noticing that his facial expression never changed.

"Are you ok?" I eventually asked. Harry finally looked up at me.

"What?" He look surprised.

"Are you ok?" I repeated myself.

"Um, actually no, can I talk to you?" He asked.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, it was a text from Jason, "Hey babe!"

I quickly replied and walked into the hallway with Harry.

"So what do you need to talk about?" I asked him. He looked sad almost, like he didn't want to tell me, but at the same time he looked guilty, like he's keeping a secret from me.

He began talking, but was interrupted by my text tone. "I'm sorry, keep going."

"No, you can reply." He said.

I looked down at my phone, "I'm sorry about last night. Can I make it up to you?" I quickly replied with a yes and turned the phone off.

"Anyways, it was me in the movies behind you." He confessed. My mouth formed an "o" shape once I took in the information.

"What? You stalked my date?!" I felt the heat creep into my cheeks.

"No! Well, kind of. Not like that! I'll explain later, but there's something you need to see." Harry said as he pulled out his phone.

"No. Save it." I said pushing his hand away.

"Please. Just trust me." He practically begged. I allowed him to show me the pictures on his phone. They were of Jason kissing another girl at the movies. "I told you he was a jerk." He stated.

My heart pounded in my chest. How could I have been so stupid? I should've known it was Harry in the theater. And I should've known that Jason was seeing another girl. I felt the tears form in my eyes, but I didn't want Harry to see me cry. "Thank you for letting me know." My lips began to tremble.

"Don't cry." Harry demanded. I wasn't used to him being like this. He was always criticizing me and calling me names, most of the the time touching me and being a total pervert. He never really showed he cared.

"What makes you think I'm gonna cry?" I asked him.

"I don't know, maybe it's the tear falling down your cheek." He said. He raised his hand up and wiped my tear away. I grabbed his hand to take it away, but decided to hold his hand in place. His eyes met mine, and for once, I actually felt decent around him. I didn't feel like I had to be insecure and afraid of what I looked like for a second, afraid of the rude comments to come.

"Well..." Harry said turning away and breaking the silence.

I awkwardly pulled away and thanked him for warning me. I pulled out my phone and sent a long text to Jason, although it was more of a speech. I had Harry send the pictures to me, and my brother told me to warn him that he should prepare for a long talk.

I sent the text and Jason denied everything. What did he not understand? My phone started ringing, showing Jason's name at the top. I stepped into the hallway and accepted the call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Trinity! Please! You have to give me another chance! I didn't mean to hurt you, SHE KISSED ME!" He begged.

"Jason I have videos of you kissing her! You expect me to believe your lies when the truth is right in front of me?! That's pathetic!" I fought back as hard as I could.

"I'm pathetic?! No! You're pathetic! You're practically dumping the hottest, most-wanted guy in the school, and you're calling me pathetic?! You're being stupid." He stated.

"I'm pathetic for not wanting to go out with you?! You can't blame me! You're a jerk!" I yelled into the phone. The word jerk was used a lot to describe him.

"I just want you to know that our little date was a dare. The other football players dared me to date you. You think I'd ask you out? You're the last girl I'd want to be seen with. I mean, seriously, do you see what you show up to school in sometimes? You look like you belong on Clowns Gone Wild." He laughed.

"You don't mean that." I felt a lump form in my throat. I've had the call on speaker the whole time, it's a force of habit. I was praying that Harry and Alex hadn't heard what he said.

"Yeah, I do. You're the biggest loser in the school. Have a good rest of the day. Bye babe." He hung up. The phone beeped in my hand once the call was ended. I turned to go back into the living room by my brother and Harry, but quickly found out that they were standing right behind me.

"Did you hear?" I asked. They both nodded. I bit my lip hard enough to make it bleed.

"It's okay. You're not a loser." Alex said.

"You have to say that, you're my brother." I cried into his shirt. He chuckled and stroked my hair.

"Can I talk to Trinity?" Harry asked. My brother nodded, and let me go. I wanted him to keep hugging me, he's the only one who really understands how hard it is for me.

Alex left the room and Harry stepped closer, "Please don't kiss me again it's weird."

He chuckled and stepped closer, "I won't." I stepped back, but my body hit the wall. "I tried to warn you about him."

I furrowed my brow and watched him step closer to me. "I know. But I just wanted to fit in. I don't want to be the know-it-all. I want to be normal."

His body was pressed up against mine, and his head was pointed down to get a view of my face. He wiped away another one of my tears and engulfed my in a hug. His arms were hot, and the feeling of his arms around me sent chills down my spine. I wrapped my arms around his torso and cried into his chest, leaving tear stains on his shirt.

I enjoyed his touch, but realized who it was. I quickly pulled away and wiped away my tears. "Um...thanks for looking out for me."

"What's wrong?" He asked, his arms still ready to wrap around me.

"Nothing, I just need some time alone." I stated. I ran up to my room and cried into my pillows.

I woke up again so the sound of Alex's voice at my door. "Harry's here so come down clothed today." He laughed. A few days ago I walked downstairs in an oversized t-shirt and panties.

I crawled out of bed and put some pants on. I was still in a oversized shirt and slippers, but didn't feel like cleaning up at the moment. I noticed myself in a mirror in the hallway. My makeup was smeared all over my face, and my eyes were bloodshot from endless crying.

I continued walking down the hall, trying to fix up my hair, but only causing it to look like a rat's nest. I reached the stairs and walked down to the bottom, stopping before entering the living room. I took a deep breath and took the final six steps to face my family.

"Trinity..." Alex gasped and stood up.

"I'm fine." I sniffled. I noticed the concerned look on Harry's face. He joined Alex as he walked towards me. They both tried fixing me up, wiping away my makeup and brushing their hands through my hair.
"Don't worry about it. I don't care what I look like." They continued to fix me up, making me halfway presentable. Alex licked his thumb and tried getting the mascara stains off. "Okay! I think that's enough." I said grabbing their hands and pulling them off of my face.

"Are you hungry?" My mom asked. I saw her frown when she saw me, and I started to feel grateful for the boys fixing up my appearance. If she would've seen me before, she would've gone ballistic.

I shook my head and sat down across from Harry in the living room again. "What are you guys doing today?" I asked them.

"Well, we thought that we could do something with you."